Home

NCAA 14 Worth the Cash???

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Worth the Cash??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
NCAA 14 Worth the Cash???

I'm more of NFL guy but in general I love football I'm just not a fan of wasting $60. I'm big into the statistical side of it so real gameplay and the sim engine are a must. The thing that has bothered me over the years with NCAA is a sim engine that is badly broken (250 rypg often leads the nation). It appears there are a lot of bugs in this year's addition. So is it worth dropping the cash?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 14 Worth the Cash???

not at all, i got it by trading in a bunch of games collecting dust, but i wouldn't lay out actual money for it
Old 07-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

I think it is worth it. I love the game myself and I have been playing since the demo dropped. While it does seem to have some issues within the gameplay ( but hardly any) and from interface issues on PS3 and general like stat wipe problems and some things not working properly like halftime show. But, if you like to deal with sliders or using a set or 2 from here the game is very fun, competitive and stats seem for now to be solid. With the running however with the new blocking and running animations as well as IE 2.0 it needs a little tuning, but slider's seems to make it 10 times better for now.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Definitely worth it. Please close thread
Old 07-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I'm more of NFL guy but in general I love football I'm just not a fan of wasting $60. I'm big into the statistical side of it so real gameplay and the sim engine are a must. The thing that has bothered me over the years with NCAA is a sim engine that is badly broken (250 rypg often leads the nation). It appears there are a lot of bugs in this year's addition. So is it worth dropping the cash?
If you prefer the NFL just wait for Madden.. Gameplay is better but go look at the Glitches thread and determine if you want to pay $60.00 for a broken game out the box..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

NO, don't look at the glitches thread, if you do that you would never buy a game. Just rent it first and see if you like it. Looking at the glitches thread will never help you decide on a game.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
If you prefer the NFL just wait for Madden.. Gameplay is better but go look at the Glitches thread and determine if you want to pay $60.00 for a broken game out the box..
its not broken at all. its a great game.

And OP never go into an OS bug and glitches thread, its all over exaggerated and things get blown out of proportion. I would tell you to buy it. It plays better than Madden did last year and I thought madden played amazing last year
Old 07-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Buy it at GameStop and trade in every single game that you no longer play that is collecting dust right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »