Home

Stopping Corner Routes

This is a discussion on Stopping Corner Routes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #9
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stopping Corner Routes

It is virtually impossible to stop this. Now the CPU will cheat itself into covering it to a degree, but simple hot routed receivers will still get you someone wide open with a good throw.

Cover 2 Sink is close to defend but once again, a simple hot route here and there, and you have someone WIDE OPEN. I posted the video link in the thread entitled "Defense is broken".

Always remember USER defenders will not react like CPU defenders. So what you see the CPU doing to you, your players won't react as fluid or as quick.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #10
Rookie

i think i found something that may work. but it's a risk/reward type deal. meaning it leaves you to possibly get beat on other routes. But it would be good to use against people who abuse it. Still working on it vs users online.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
Pro

jackster802's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman334
i think i found something that may work. but it's a risk/reward type deal. meaning it leaves you to possibly get beat on other routes. But it would be good to use against people who abuse it. Still working on it vs users online.
Would you care to share it? Or are you just going to tell us about how cool it is?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

only thing I have found is most of the cheesers use the same play multiple times throughout game so late when you need a stop and know its coming it can be done..i have used cover 3..or I think theres a cover 2 sink. but if they know what they are doing they will lob it deep in center of field often times for a TD. so yeah you can stop corner but might get beat worse downfield. other than that if you know exactly who hes throwing to user the saftety to cover him...im not even very good in coverage but just someone in the area where hes not wide open will often result in dropped pass
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man cover 2, press the receivers and manually pull your safeties down slightly and to the outside. Can get beat on crossing routes but this negates the corner.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
Would you care to share it? Or are you just going to tell us about how cool it is?
re-read my post. i think it may work but i want to test it more against user defenses before i claim something to work.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
Rookie

after trying this vs a couple users who throw the crap out of corners, what i thought works only seems to be consistent against the cpu. if i could find a play to slow down the corners, i'd actually enjoy playing the game. i experimented with defensive shading. and it does work vs the cpu. not nearly as well as vs human online. also, cover 4 out of the 3-2-6 works well against cpu. not so much against humans. maybe sink? but that would give up the middle of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

My first thought: the coverage is broken before the play even begins. The CPU keeps your safety in the middle of the field, no matter what. Even if he's matched up covering a WR on the far hash in man coverage, he's chillin in the middle of the field before the snap.

I'm being lazy you say?

I manually (EVERY PLAY) move the safety over right in front of the WR he's covering. Annoying, but fine. I'll do it. What happens then? How do they get WIDE OPEN on every corner route?

The safety I manually moved over, and stays put when I select another player to be DARTS BACK TO THE CENTER OF THE FIELD WHEN THE BALL IS SNAPPED. Please do this. Do it, then watch the replay and stare in disbelief at the safety. He will literally sprint away from his coverage responsibility, dash to the center of the field, then turn around to cover his guy, who is normally 30 yds away now.

The CPU has my safety do a freakin shuttle drill during the play EVERY time. UN BEE LEEV A BULL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »