Home

Best Recruit(s) You've Gotten so Far

This is a discussion on Best Recruit(s) You've Gotten so Far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #65
Pro

USNAggie44's Arena

OVR: 3
I was going after a QB but he turned out to be a bust, so I was little disappointed. But I was going after a ATH who I thought would be a WR. Turns out he's a gem, 81 QB with 88 speed and around 90 acceleration. Can't wait to dominate with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #66
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Best Recruit(s) You've Gotten so Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Recruiting should be way harder, I thought it was harder last year. I also hate the fact that you know the players overall ratings. Takes the suspense away.

No team in real life knows what exactly they are getting when they recruit somebody.

Maybe they should have scouts that give a general range like before, and the scouts become slightly more accurate with better program prestige.

Think about all the powerhouse programs that have had down years because the top high profile recruits didn't pan out.

They should do it how 2k13 does it with NBA prospects in the NBA draft. Even when u completely scout a player it gives you a letter gade. A overall, B+ etc.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #67
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
Recruiting should be way harder, I thought it was harder last year. I also hate the fact that you know the players overall ratings. Takes the suspense away.

No team in real life knows what exactly they are getting when they recruit somebody.

Maybe they should have scouts that give a general range like before, and the scouts become slightly more accurate with better program prestige.

Think about all the powerhouse programs that have had down years because the top high profile recruits didn't pan out.
Agreed

The idea of scouting is really great, but the execution is lacking. Knowing the prospect's overall, exact ratings, and tendency shouldn't happen until signing day.

Use the general A, B, C, D, and F grades for a prospect's ratings at the start and scout to see whether it's B+, B, B- like we saw on the older versions without scouting.

Let us decide what we think the overall of the player is. With it being spoon fed, it's easy to gauge what his awareness might be (and possibly other ratings that are "unknown").

Let us also decide what we think his tendency is. If I see a Possession WR with "A" speed and it's the last thing I have to scout, I'm saving my points since I know odds are that "A" drops into the "B" range.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #68
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Yeah, I remember when I played on Freshman Difficulty...then I started Jr. High
I wouldn't be surprised if it was harder difficulty..returning is incredibly easy in this years game with anyone that has high speed.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #69
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

In my test dynasty for recruit got the #1 qb in the country pat Palmer who as a true freshman has

Overall 82
Speed 86
Acc 87
Agi 85
Throw accuracy 96
Throw power 83
Break tackle 77
Juke 88
Old 07-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just landed a 5* athlete who was 79-81 at HB/WR/CB/FS. I'm sticking him at HB of course because he'll be a complete monster.

98 SPD
96 ACC
95 AGI
80 Carry
81 BTK
90 Spin
91 Juke
AWR

Last guy I had like this was totally insane in my triple option setup and this guy is coming in quite a bit better. Should be really interesting in a few season after progression when he's 99 SPD/ACC/AGI and 95+ Juke/Spin. Oh the right stick combos out in space.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 6

Just landed a 5* WR he was ranked #28 in the nation after week 7. Was between me (PSU) and Pitt.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #72
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
I just landed a 5* athlete who was 79-81 at HB/WR/CB/FS. I'm sticking him at HB of course because he'll be a complete monster.

98 SPD
96 ACC
95 AGI
80 Carry
81 BTK
90 Spin
91 Juke
AWR

Last guy I had like this was totally insane in my triple option setup and this guy is coming in quite a bit better. Should be really interesting in a few season after progression when he's 99 SPD/ACC/AGI and 95+ Juke/Spin. Oh the right stick combos out in space.
He has good break tackle for a speed back how big is he?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »