Home

3 3 5 tips

This is a discussion on 3 3 5 tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
3 3 5 tips

Running a 335 in my new dynasty with old dominian the team with the blue lion aka detroit lions.

just took over 2nd year and my d is terrible i'm D coordinator and i'm need some help. getting scorched b/c i have no damn pass rush wat so ever.

I'm playing my FR(RS) FS as the hybrid who can cover or tackle. I usually play some in weak link in secondary usually a safety since i run mostly man and doing man cover manually in this game is hard. but I do play as CB also.

Just won a shootout in game one against NorthWestern it came down to hall mary in my end zone being swatted away.

I want to run a 335 since my semi pro team ran it.

Using lbj273 house rules.

I always rank below average in pass yards per game no matter if i have 3 clone copies of D.Revis as my corners. However i usually rank above average in sacks and top 10 in run support but that is using a 3-4 playbook.

What can I do to shore up one end until i'm able to get better players.

What type of players should i recruit or have cpu recruit for me. DE,DT,LB all run stoppers. while secondary will be pass coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 3 3 5 tips

I just finished my first season at Old Dominion as well running the 3-3-5. I'm new to this defense as well and could use any tips possible to get the most out of it. I'm definitely looking for run stuffing linemen. I just recruited a 2* SS that is 6-5 and 214 pounds. He's a great tackler with plus zone and press ratings. I'm hoping to slide him into my hybrid position if not this year than his 2nd year on campus.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: 3 3 5 tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Energy
Running a 335 in my new dynasty with old dominian the team with the blue lion aka detroit lions.

just took over 2nd year and my d is terrible i'm D coordinator and i'm need some help. getting scorched b/c i have no damn pass rush wat so ever.

I'm playing my FR(RS) FS as the hybrid who can cover or tackle. I usually play some in weak link in secondary usually a safety since i run mostly man and doing man cover manually in this game is hard. but I do play as CB also.

Just won a shootout in game one against NorthWestern it came down to hall mary in my end zone being swatted away.

I want to run a 335 since my semi pro team ran it.

Using lbj273 house rules.

I always rank below average in pass yards per game no matter if i have 3 clone copies of D.Revis as my corners. However i usually rank above average in sacks and top 10 in run support but that is using a 3-4 playbook.

What can I do to shore up one end until i'm able to get better players.

What type of players should i recruit or have cpu recruit for me. DE,DT,LB all run stoppers. while secondary will be pass coverage.

I'm having great success with 335 Okie. I use it as my base. I play and the ILB and the run fits are exactly the same as the 3-4 run fits. (offensive line as keys never lie) You will need a physical #2 SS and understand when and where to set the force or you will get gashed...just like the 3-4 defense.

I recently have been working of a few blitzes. All the ones on youtube are verses 5 man protections. 335 Okie has a few nice zone blitzes.

Recruiting for it is exactly the same as recruiting for the 3-4. DT's and DE's with high STR and BSH ratings. LBs that can run, corners and FS that can cover and Hard Hitters for SS since they are the force. I like the slower (mid 80s spd) SS that is a hard hitter, high pursuit and high tackle rating for my hybrid.

If you are comfortable with and understand the 3-4 playbook, you will love the 335 Okie formation.

Last edited by Starter; 01-13-2014 at 10:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »