Home

Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

This is a discussion on Default AA: Can it be a challenge? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

I'm having a double take at the moment. I've played 3 games on default AA.

First LSU vs Arkansas, which I beat the razorbacks pretty easy and LSU defense dominated.

ULL vs LSU, and this was the one having me scratch my head that AA was not going to be much of a challenge as I lead LSU by 7 most of the game before turning it off in the 3rd.

Then tonight Tulsa vs Georgia Tech. The CPU absolutely dominated me in every aspect of the game but the crazy part it felt so balanced and nothing cheap. Check out these crazy stats and do you think more games such as this can come out of the CPU on default AA

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373516482.974170.jpg

Sent from da lil phone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 12:46 AM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

I really like AA for HUM offense but found in my one full game that defense was too powerful. I just don't think the CPU can be competitive over the long haul on AA ... unless a lot of slider-tweaking is done to beef up the CPU offense and reduce the HUM defense effectiveness.

I don't have the time to mess with that so I bumped the HUM defense (CPU Offense) difficulty to Heisman and that appears to have solved my issues. I will say that at default settings, the CPU completed less than 60% of its passes and had 3-4 overthrown balls, so that was encouraging.

I could try more games on AA using 1- to 2-star schools against Top 25 programs and see what the results are. Let us know what you find, Phobia.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #3
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah default AA can be tough sometimes. Personally, I find defending computer teams impossible at times. I tone down the CPU QB accuracy because they were going 22/24 with ease.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

I'll do exactly what I did with Madden 13. Start on AA whilst I get used to the game then bump the difficulty up to the highest setting. Using Madden's example I just knew when I needed to turn the difficulty up because I could win every time on the second highest setting and it stopped being a challenge.
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

The thing that really stood out to me, when was the last time we saw the CPU running attack put up 100+ let alone 350+!!! On default AA no less, I was very pleasantly surprised!

I'm pretty certain the CPU might not put up this kind of challenge consistent on AA, but it was great to see with no slider changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

That's awesome seeing the CPU put up such great rushing numbers.

How was the CPU rushing numbers in the other three games?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
That's awesome seeing the CPU put up such great rushing numbers.

How was the CPU rushing numbers in the other three games?
Against the Razorbacks, they only ran for 36 yards but they also did not try to run the ball much. They were down the entire time and were forced into a passing situation. So if they kept at the run they would of put up decent rushing numbers since they average 3.2 per carry.

With the ULL vs LSU they were running on me pretty good and had 50+ if I remember correctly. What hurt LSU in that game and why I was leading, Mettenberger threw two picks in first half.

All in all the CPU has always ran much more "human" like in my games. It is just decision making on the passing game I've seen them messing up. Which is why I think GT hurt me so bad, they are not a passing team so the poor decision making did not hurt them like it would a passing team like Arkansas.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #8
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm glad you posted this, i was playing last night, and until i get ready to jump into my dynasty, all i play is NE vs. NE games. I've been playing default AA also.

When the game dropped friday, i was initially getting railed by the cpu, i couldn't stop them at all. Now i've worked my way up being able to go on the road at NEB and win the games.

Last night i felt i pretty much dominated the game, however it was a 10-7 win for me.

When i looked at the stats, i couldn't help but feel satisfied with what i was seeing on the screen, all but TOP. I had them there, which, is another area, the cpu used to be able to out due me in.

I'm still playing 5 min quarters, in your games posted, how many minutes are you playing?

I came here today to try to figure out what i might want to do slider wise.

Decrease my run block, although i only ran for 66 total.
Decrease my run D, although the cpu was at a comparable stat rushing.
Decrease my tackling, which actually might be my ideal.

It just seems to me the computer plays it different game to game, maybe they get hot, maybe cold. Maybe it's the cpu's day that day?

One thing i've seemed to notice, if your D gets hot, or you get a hot player offensively, that Really tends to stand out this year.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 07-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »