Home

NCAA 14 Defense in a nutshell

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Defense in a nutshell within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #17
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA 14 Defense in a nutshell

I just feel like EA is going to patch the game and make it too easy. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but I've had plenty of defensive battles in my dynasty - and I like the way the game plays as it is. The zone defense does need a little tightening up, but thats more for the CPU than the HUM.

I just would hate to see EA change everything because some people think the game is too difficult. Try turning down the difficulty if thats what you want.

For instance, Gruffy, if that play in the OP bothers you (and trust me, I watch a lot of college football and you'd be surprised how often tackles are missed at that level) try turning your tackling slider up.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10

Last edited by BenGerman; 07-14-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #18
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I just feel like EA is going to patch the game and make it too easy. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but I've had plenty of defensive battles in my dynasty - and I like the way the game plays as it is. The zone defense does need a little tightening up, but thats more for the CPU than the HUM.

I just would hate to see EA change everything because some people think the game is too difficult. Try turning down the difficulty if thats what you want.

For instance, Gruffy, if that play in the OP bothers you (and trust me, I watch a lot of college football and you'd be surprised how often tackles are missed at that level) try turning your tackling slider up.
I enjoy the more difficult play this year, but it isn't more difficult, it's just cheap. Robo QB, always open receivers, zillion broken tackles, it's just cheap. I give up a ton of yards but the score is usually pretty low which is better than 60-0 games. I hope they do something, but not make it too easy.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman

I agree with you one trillion percent.

I was about to write a blog about predicting the next NCAA patch. I'm sure of two things:

If they fix the shotgun dive effectiveness, all EA is really gonna do is make all shotgun running ineffective.

"Improved coverage" in the patch notes probably means bringing back psychic DBs

Hopefully I will be able to slider tweak the game back to the state I have it at now once the inevitable new batch of patch issues hits.

If EA makes CPU running less effective I will cry

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
I enjoy the more difficult play this year, but it isn't more difficult, it's just cheap. Robo QB, always open receivers, zillion broken tackles, it's just cheap. I give up a ton of yards but the score is usually pretty low which is better than 60-0 games. I hope they do something, but not make it too easy.
I agree with that much. And Robo QB can be solved pretty easily with sliders. So can broken tackles.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #21
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Im seeing alot of people saying theyre having issues with default sliders, its one thing to say the game should play perfect or better out of the box than it does, but to say defense is broken without even trying different difficulties or slider combos to get it to play well is not using whats given to you. My greatest fear is theyre going to ruin this game with a patch because people refuse to mess with whats given them to mess with. I dont have nearly the issues I see alot having and it has to be because people play on default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

i'm having problems stopping the pass up the middle during online play. i have tried man to man, cover 2, cover 2 spy, etc and i don't know what to do. only time someone can get a big play is over the middle on me and i can't stop it.

any advice?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I agree with you one trillion percent.

I was about to write a blog about predicting the next NCAA patch. I'm sure of two things:

If they fix the shotgun dive effectiveness, all EA is really gonna do is make all shotgun running ineffective.

"Improved coverage" in the patch notes probably means bringing back psychic DBs

Hopefully I will be able to slider tweak the game back to the state I have it at now once the inevitable new batch of patch issues hits.

If EA makes CPU running less effective I will cry
While the game does pose a challenge defensively, I think I'd rather play it in its current state that have it neutered via a patch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 07-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Not sure where to really post this, but I'll post it here.
I don't want to post in the bug/glitch topic unless I can duplicate it.

I am playing games to test slider settings, and ...

I punt the ball, guy waves for a fair catch, then proceeded to return it 30+ yards. All the while the announcer is saying, oh he muffed it, you can't do that in these types of games. But he didn't. he just straight up, waved his arm, caught the ball, and started running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9pCMC1nONU&
apologies for the crappy cell camera.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »