Home

Explaining How To Play To My Wife

This is a discussion on Explaining How To Play To My Wife within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Explaining How To Play To My Wife

So, I have convinced my wife, who has her own Live account but rarely plays anything, to join my online dynasty with the guys from work. She is a football fan, but there is a huge problem. While she knows the basics of the game, I am at a loss in explaining the finer points of strategy. She tends to get frustrated with my attempts to explain things due to me overcomplicating everything.

So, can anyone give me tips and pointers to pass along to her on things like when to call a pass play, what an option is, etc? Like I said, she knows the basics well enough she can watch a game and understand whats happening, but get frustrated when I overexplain things. So simple is good.

Sent from my Nokia 3510
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Explaining How To Play To My Wife

Have her use the ask coach play calling and then the obvious - 2nd and long, 3rd and over 5 you pass. This isn't too complicated but explain counting defenders in the box to decide whether to audible to a pass or run.

Kudos to you for getting your wife involved. Mine knows offsides and that's about it.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
She needs to do the nike training

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream." -Emmitt Smith
Old 07-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Tell her to play Nike Skills trainer. They would get her up to speed pretty fast. Since they teach you how to do every thing in that mode. You can also change her play screen settings and put it on play type. That way it will be easier for her since that setting breaks everything down into run plays, pass plays, man coverage and zone coverage.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Kudos to you for getting your wife involved. Mine knows offsides and that's about it.
Being from Saskatchewan, not being a football fan can result in losing your single-payer health insurance.

Seriously, though, she will probably play one touch coach mode, if auto pilot is turned on. Ask Coach helps with play selection, but I do like the suggestion to do play type for selection. Might help her.

Sent from my Nokia 3510
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills

Ha! I let my girl do the kicking and punting. She's actually pretty good at it, too! I used to do the aiming for her but then I'd get blamed for the misses, haha, now I let her do the aiming herself and she's well on her way to winning kicker of the year.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmykels
Ha! I let my girl do the kicking and punting. She's actually pretty good at it, too! I used to do the aiming for her but then I'd get blamed for the misses, haha, now I let her do the aiming herself and she's well on her way to winning kicker of the year.
Pretty soon she'll take over at coach for you and make all the fans forget about you.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
Rookie

jejones's Arena

mine only knows that Ryan Tannehill has a cute butt....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »