Home

How to run the 2 QB system?

This is a discussion on How to run the 2 QB system? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How to run the 2 QB system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizezed
Woah, woah, I haven't seen this since 2011. This was my favorite part about playing on offense. Please tell me you're not just assuming it's in there but it actually is in there.
I'm not sure which one you are referring to. On your play selection screen in the lower right you will see "NORMAL". You can you the RS to change that to several other options, one of them being Backup QB. That will remain in effect for that formation until you change it back.

I normally prefer to set this up in the formation subs, so that a certain formation will always have certain players. One way I use this is to get the FR QB a few plays each game. It also works incredibly well if you have a speed back vs a power back.

One caveat is that your opponent may figure out by your formation what you intend to run. So I'll get to similar formations, and run different plays with each. For example, I'll take one Strong I formation and pick all the inside run plays, with a couple of pass plays for variety. Then I will add a different Strong I that maybe has the WRs lined up slightly differently and put in my speed back and pick the outside running plays.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

In my favorite 13' dynasty with Utah State, I thought I had my QB for the future 3* Rudy Alford after scouting he improved 8 points to 74 OVR. I redshirted him since Chuckie Keeton was a Senior that season. Improved to 78 OVR in offseason and took over as starter. lit it up his RS Freshman year (played 4 simmed 8) earning Freshman All-American status. Fell victim of the Sophomore slump throwing 16 INT's but I was willing to wait it out with him so I didn't pursue another QB in recruiting.

little did I know a 4* athlete (Parker Sapp, bad *** name too) that I figured would be a FS in my 4-2-5 D turned out to have a nice arm (73 THP 75 THA) on top of 89 speed 87 agility 91 Acceleration with nice running ability. moved him to QB where he was rated a 74 OVR as a true Freshman, promised him I wouldn't redshirt freshman year so I decided to throw him in some packages and it was magic.

My 87 OVR RS Junior Rudy Alford turned it around and had a solid season while my 74 OVR athlete turned QB was lighting it up in the limited packages/snaps he was receiving. As the season I progressed I was plugging the freshman Parker Sapp into more formations and he finished 2nd in rushing at the end of the season (834 yards 8 yards a carry, 9 TD's) while throwing for 700 yards completing 62% of passes.

I'm now in the offseason heading into year 6 and find myself in a dilemma, if the young gun progresses to atleast a 82 OVR, I may end up rolling with him.

Rambling on aside.. 2 QB systems make dynasties fun and interesting.
I typically use formation subs to deal with since I only play a 1/3 of the season and sim the rest.
Obviously if you have a scrambling QB and run the spread try to plug him into the more run heavy option formations. make sure skill set fits the scheme.

Last edited by nikka; 07-14-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I just do formation subs. Its best for 2 qb, multiple rbs, multiple dline, lbs.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »