Home

Is Zone Really Broken...?

This is a discussion on Is Zone Really Broken...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Is Zone Really Broken...?

What I think are broken are the QB Ratings and Sliders. Tell me how Braxton Miller with an accuracy rating of 84 playing consistently against Alabama completing 65 to 70% of his passes? AJ McCarron an accuracy rating of somewhere around 95 is only consistently completing 50 % of passes with the slider setting at 10, wr catching at 40 and pass coverage at 100 when I am not sure if the pass coverage slider is even effective. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the sliders. At a QB accuracy slider of 10, I shouldn't even be completing 50% of my passes let alone 65 to 70 with a scrambling QB who in real life only completed 58% last year. I realize this is a video game, but since the PS2 days, this game has been B.S. and the last 2 years unplayable for me. This year it seems I can possibly make this game work, time will tell. EA fix the sliders and make the ratings with QB Passing mean something! Don't get me started on the overpowered run blocking.

Last edited by Buckeye Country; 07-14-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #26
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
What I think are broken are the QB Ratings and Sliders. Tell me how Braxton Miller with an accuracy rating of 84 playing consistently against Alabama completing 65 to 70% of his passes? AJ McCarron an accuracy rating of somewhere around 95 is only consistently completing 50 % of passes with the slider setting at 10, wr catching at 40 and pass coverage at 100 when I am not sure if the pass coverage slider is even effective. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the sliders. At a QB accuracy slider of 10, I shouldn't even be completing 50% of my passes let alone 65 to 70 with a scrambling QB who in real life only completed 58% last year. I realize this is a video game, but since the PS2 days, this game has been B.S. and the last 2 years unplayable for me. This year it seems I can possibly make this game work, time will tell. EA fix the sliders and make the ratings with QB Passing mean something! Don't get me started on the overpowered run blocking.
Speaking of Qb's being too accurate, this is Georgia State's Qb Overall rating 70. Throws a strike between 3 Alabama defenders with a Bama defensive linemen in his face on Heisman difficulty!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #27
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Yes Zone is broken- The Blue and White team is Georiga State by the way gong against Alabama.

Not a big play, but WTF

What are the LB's doing?

WTF?

Safty in perfect position to make play on the ball, why is he going backwards?

Watch as number 7 just turns away from the TE and leaves him wide open!
Youre one of those people....... Phone. Turn sideways.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #28
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Youre one of those people....... Phone. Turn sideways.
I have a Note 2, can't hold it in one hand and use the controller too
Old 07-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 32

Broken? I wouldn't say completely broken. I mean the players still move around and such.... They just can't cover anyone.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #30
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I've seen numerous occasions where my secondary would just stick to their zone while a quarterback or running back just runs free.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 14
I find the only defense I run are zones and I am having a lot of success. First you have to pay attention to personnel groupings and match your defense accordingly. Another thing is you have to coverage adjust to a base look. You can't allow the defense to bing men over to twins or trips. This is what hurts you especially more times than not. Also move your line based on the TE and if no TE don't be scared to pinch the line and crash inside. My main gripe is the lack of time to make a few adjustments. I would love to be able to shift line and lbers and spy my ends but sometimes I just can't get it done fast enough. I also found to stunt out of the same looks I give on my zones. Also don't be scared to flip your defense. Sometimes especially in nickel if you have a zone called and they come out with the slot away from your nickel back you need to flip he defense to get the nickel back on that side, otherwise the lber will walk out and this changes the coverage a bunch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #32

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ce-broken.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »