Home

Tall wide receivers advantage

This is a discussion on Tall wide receivers advantage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Tall wide receivers advantage

I wanted to know if anyone has seen a taller WR out jump/ play smaller DB's?

I witnessed a 6' 2" WR go up for a fade jump ball and the DB jumped at the same time with the receiver. The victor was the WR. Another DB clocked me from the other side as i was coming down and i thought the animation where the ball gets striped away was going to show but the big tall WR kept position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Tall wide receivers advantage

that's how it works in real life too man. this big guy is comin down with it!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #3
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Has anyone tried creating a max height WR against a min height DB, then just thrown 10 (or more) straight streaks to them?

I'd be interested to see if the WR wins, or if the game just does an animation that means the DB has to have a chance at it.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
Has anyone tried creating a max height WR against a min height DB, then just thrown 10 (or more) straight streaks to them?

I'd be interested to see if the WR wins, or if the game just does an animation that means the DB has to have a chance at it.
I will try this right when my current game is over and will post results
Old 07-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:

Heres the results:

If the WR has ANY distance past the cornerback the pass will fall right into his hands assuming its a good pass that hits him in stride. The 5'5 cornerback is just too small to do leaping animations to swat away streaks because he cant reach the ball (I did use precision passing to throw it higher, just to note). The 5'5 cornerback has no chance on any sort of jump ball unless he gets better positioning and the WR doesn't come back to the ball (user catching prevents this). However, it was not a 100% success rate because the cornerback kept doing this same animation over and over where the 7'0 WR would leap up, catch it, and the cornerback would hit him in midair and swat the ball out of his hands before he came down with it. It happens so often, literally 5 times in a row at one point. So in conclusion, it gives a huge advantage, but EA did give ways for undersized corners to have a chance in jump balls (maybe they gave them too much of a chance if you ask me).

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 07-15-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #6
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Excellent effort, tip of the cap to you!

Interesting results, I figured that animations would play some part, as you said with the battling for the ball as it comes down.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

after seeing some good jump balls I made a 6'7 WR for a dynasty that grants us 1 created freshman (82 overall cap). In my test i noticed that for some reason the 6'7 never jumps for the ball. He just waits for it fall. It's very weird actually. I would say the sweet spot is 6'3-6'4. They will jump up to grab the rock.

I see a poster above noted he tested with a 7'0 and got better results. What mode did you use for your test? I only tried this in live games.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
after seeing some good jump balls I made a 6'7 WR for a dynasty that grants us 1 created freshman (82 overall cap). In my test i noticed that for some reason the 6'7 never jumps for the ball. He just waits for it fall. It's very weird actually. I would say the sweet spot is 6'3-6'4. They will jump up to grab the rock.

I see a poster above noted he tested with a 7'0 and got better results. What mode did you use for your test? I only tried this in live games.
I tested it in practice mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »