Home

NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The lame duck throws the QB does when you are in the process of sacking them is annoying as hell. I don't know why they put that back in the game. I was playing a game last night, QB did this and my defensive tackle caught it out the air and ran it back 90 yards for a TD. I was thinking to myself, if he just took the sack instead of doing that lame duck throw, that would have never happened.
You've never seen this happen in real college football??
Old 07-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #74
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

That input lag/delay when your receiver catches a pass on the Fast or very fast settings really sucks

I really like the feel of (Fast-0 Thresh) but that delay is a killer

Custom Sounds needs fixed......It would figure that they fix it so that your sounds fade out properly again after the snap, only to screw up the beginning with an audio cut out

Sliders are still partially broken....with the biggest offenders being the

Pass Coverage for both CPU and User.
STs User Kickoff Power slider

The Frame rate getting all out of whack is inexcusable...thank the lord Pittbull found a semi quick fix for at least one of the causes.

Giving the QB invincibility while he's deciding whether to keep or hand off is also lame...Too many times Ive been in perfect position to blow it up, but Out goes the aura of invincibility and not only do I not get a blow up the SOBs use their super powers to break the tackle and get great yardage.

For anyone out there looking for an opinion on whether to get the game....Well don't, at least not at full price. Its still not captured the magic of the old NCAA circa 06 era. I don't think that warrants full price in 2013.

A great patch could maybe bring it close to that old fun factor though....whether you still think thats worth the full $60 is up to you

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #75
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebby
You've never seen this happen in real college football??
Not as often as I see it during one game when I'm playing NCAA 14. Haven't seen it like that since NCAA 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #76
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

I had the weirdest experience, since I like to try everything, I played on freshmen all around last night, default sliders and default everything else. Just wanted to see what would happen. I had 7 pass interference calls in one game. 5 defensive and 2 offensive.

The next game I had 3. Game after that I had 5.

All the times I played on All American I had one this year and zero so far for all the games I played on Heisman. I had 2 playing on varsity.

Also noticed on freshman players get tired very fast compared to all american and heisman.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
I had the weirdest experience, since I like to try everything, I played on freshmen all around last night, default sliders and default everything else. Just wanted to see what would happen. I had 7 pass interference calls in one game. 5 defensive and 2 offensive.

All the times I played on All American I had one this year and zero so far for all the games I played on Heisman. I had 2 playing on varsity.

Also noticed on freshman players get tired very fast compared to all american and heisman.
WTH????? Simply amazing. Gotta try this for myself and jack up HOLDING calls LOL

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #78
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

Moving the ball, and stopping the cpu at will though?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #79
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
I was very impressed that during my A&M dynasty I played Alabama and won. The following week I saw a studio update pertaining to an Alabama game and they started talking about how A&M beat Alabama the previous week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #80
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Moving the ball, and stopping the cpu at will though?
On default moving the ball at will yes. I just upped the CPU run defense, pass coverage and QBA up some to around 75. Now the CPU actually try to move the ball and score. I would say their offense behaves as though it is on All American on level 75. Put it even higher they would behave like Heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »