Home

NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA 14 Post-Day 1 Patch Impressions

ok so my impression after playin the first 4 games and yet to see a fumble this really effects my gameplay as it needs to be addressed..
NFL: Indianapolis Colts
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NCAA: Auburn Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #42
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
No stutters here. Silky smooth from start to finish. Absolutely loving the game this year.
2nd...I've had no issues with the game

Best NCAA Football game since 2004
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #43
Rookie

hazelhood19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
It's hard for me to take this seriously

So you don't have any slowdown at all? Constant 60 frames per second throughout?

System, settings, etc?

I'm on a 360 slim, installed, basically brand new system, 201 gigs free. I will play a smooth game, play the next game, pause to look at something, and then it acts funky.

My impression is the game has RAM usage issues
Frankly, I don't care whether you believe me or not. I'm stating it how it is on my end. Now, I don't pause the game often, but when I have and I unpaused everything was fine. People on this site are something else. It's like they're offended when you don't agree with them or something.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Feels the same to me. The same issues before hand are still there. The loss of frame rate in game seem to get worse and worse every day though. It is happening more frequently. The game just has stability issues, it isn't stable.

I played Madden 13 early this morning. NCAA 14 doesn't run as smooth as Madden 13. That is something I thought was odd because this was suppose to be the better version of the Infinity Engine. But you play Madden 13 and then play NCAA 14, it is just a night and day difference.

It is like NCAA 14 have hiccups and hitches in every movement they do. Nothing flows smoothly like it does in Madden 13. I don't what it is, but you can definitely tell the difference between the 2 games. One just flows smoothly and runs smoothly, the other just stutters.
I have seen some framerate issues but nothing long-lasting. But I've only played 5 games so small sample size.

Are you saying the physics are better in M13 than this game? I would have to disagree there.

The game isn't perfect but there are a lot of good pieces here. Separate difficulties for offense and defense was a great addition and the option attack is strong.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-16-2013, 11:32 PM   #45
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I have seen some framerate issues but nothing long-lasting. But I've only played 5 games so small sample size.

Are you saying the physics are better in M13 than this game? I would have to disagree there.

The game isn't perfect but there are a lot of good pieces here. Separate difficulties for offense and defense was a great addition and the option attack is strong.
I wouldn't say the physics are better, just the animations are better and much smoother. There just seems to be a weird delay in the animations in NCAA 14. They don't transition smoothly at all compared to Madden 13. Movement just have this unnatural look to it.

Keyword being animation wise. Yeah NCAA 14 is fun, very fun but if you play other games the same day you play NCAA 14 like Madden 13 you will quickly notice it visually and when you play it. That is all I am saying.

Some thing is just off in the animations and smoothness of transitions of animations in NCAA 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #46
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anyone had any freezing issues with the downloaded version of the game? I see a lot of people are having freezing issues, I've only seen that once (when I was picking my favorite team on initial setup), but I downloaded from the Playstation store, so I don't know if this actually gives me an advantage or what. Anyone?
Old 07-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #47
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I wouldn't say the physics are better, just the animations are better and much smoother. There just seems to be a weird delay in the animations in NCAA 14. They don't transition smoothly at all compared to Madden 13. Movement just have this unnatural look to it.

Keyword being animation wise. Yeah NCAA 14 is fun, very fun but if you play other games the same day you play NCAA 14 like Madden 13 you will quickly notice it visually and when you play it. That is all I am saying.

Some thing is just off in the animations and smoothness of transitions of animations in NCAA 14.
Yeah, I dust off CH 2K8 sometimes to play a few Legacy games, and as old as that game is, the running looks about as realistic as it can get. I wonder if it's due to smaller playing space or whatever.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelhood19
Frankly, I don't care whether you believe me or not. I'm stating it how it is on my end. Now, I don't pause the game often, but when I have and I unpaused everything was fine. People on this site are something else. It's like they're offended when you don't agree with them or something.
LOL! Good point!

I think the framerate issues are tied to certain activities. I've only seen it once and it was after I viewed a replay and then saved a snapshot of that replay. After that, I had significant framerate issues.

I haven't tried to repeat it yet but I should. I've just been having too much fun actually enjoying the game to try to find all the problems with it. And frankly speaking... I think if more people took this approach we'd see a lot less moaning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »