Home

The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

This is a discussion on The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #113
Banned

steveANARCHY's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Problem is that there are too many 4 and 5 star players.

The CPU's strategy for high level programs is sound because theoretically they already have a full roster of players ready to step in to departing players and only need to replace with guys that the really want and can rely on the name of the school (bonus points) to recruit the players outside their to top 10.

After they fill their top players they could then be able to move on to the average players and steal some of those from smaller schools, some would still go to the smaller schools based on proximity and playing time.

IMO there should only be 100 4 and 5 star players available. There should be enough for each top 25 program to get 4 every year and it should be a big impact on teams if some are able to out recruit others for those top 100. That would leave anyone outside the top 25 basically fighting for scraps that the big programs would then be able to pick through once they got their top 10. This would also make Saban's instacommit trait more powerful like it seems the devs intended it because he could get that insta commit in week 1 and that 500 could then be put toward eating up another top 100 player.
I like how you're thinking. One problem with just 100 4* & 5* recruits is that some or a lot of them will be busts
Old 05-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

I read the whole thread. People want the CPU to spread their points around more. I think I know how it could be done (yeah I know I'm pissing into the wind).

Right now we either get 5000, 5500, 6000 or 6500 points to spend based on coach skills. We also can either spend max 500, 550, 600 or 700 per week per recruit. It also takes somewhere between 6000-7000 total points invested to sign a recruit(correct me if wrong).
I would change max points per week per recruit to 300, 350, 400 or 500. Leaving weekly point levels the same (5000, 5500, 6000 or 6500). Also make it to where it only takes a total investment of 5000-6000 points to sign a recruit.
This system will force you and the CPU to spread points over more recruits.
The bonus points I would keep the same as a higher prestige team usually has higher bonuses anyway. Bonus points would now be a larger % of your weekly total points towards each recruit. This would give an advantage to higher prestige schools. As ucla my rival USC is always out doing me bonus wise.

So if a CPU team with 5000 to spend was putting 500 per recruit on a total of the 10 recruits they are now putting 300 per recruit on a total of16 and 1 with 200 points.

Also, I would love 85 scholarships but if they're only giving us 70 why allow us to sign 25 recruits a year? There is no reason for it. I say allow 20 scholarship limit per year. With red shirting it will work out fine.
Also lower # of targeted recruits from 35 to 30.

Question: can anyone with the ability to edit actually do any of this in the editor? Just curious if it could be done.

Last edited by Locke888; 05-02-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 0
House Rule to Combat This Problem

I actually have house rules to combat this problem and to handicap my recruiting... by doing almost the very same thing the AI recruiting does for other teams.

• I only add players to my board during the beginning of the year.
  • Once I assign someone points, I give them the maximum amount of points that I can or none at all (remainder of points can be spent on scholarship/scouting.
  • Once someone has been assigned points, I can't take them away - I'm stuck recruiting that player for the remainder of the year or until they've committed somewhere else or I've been locked out and I don't choose to unlock.

Last edited by whaley; 05-08-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typos
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »