Home

Teams Affected by Gray Facemasks

This is a discussion on Teams Affected by Gray Facemasks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #41
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Teams Affected by Gray Facemasks

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Have they gotten facemasks wrong before? Oh sure but that was mostly an issue of not adding new pieces. A glitch like this is as far as I know is unprecedented for this title, although the problem was featured prominently in the demo. The more painstaking approach would be to simply add the corrected helmets to the uniform store. The problem with that lies in EA's apparent one free DLC policy. If it were the case that the fix cost 99 cents or something, I would actually RATHER pay that than for the company to do nothing.

I'm honestly happier with EA's attention to Arizona than in years past, remember how many years it took to get the call white helmets in?
I remember for a few years in a row Iowa's facemask was gray. They finally got it right in the '13 version. So they have had this problem before, just not to this extent

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #42
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

does anyone know why/how the facemasks are grey? is it a glitch or did ea just not have time to put in the real color, so grey was put in as a placeholder?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #43
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

Something to do with the color coding. It's like that with creating websites too. Any part of your html code is wrong, the whole thing may not work. If there wasn't time to put the colors in, then none of the teams would be right

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #44
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm more inclined to think its more of a glitch as opposed to placeholder coding. The demo appeared to be a case of placeholding colors, since the problem affected both consoles. Since the game is developed for the 360 first and then ported over, I doubt its a simple matter, otherwise the issue would show up as much on the 360.

Iowa's facemasks were black in 12 and 13.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #45
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

Quote:
I'm more inclined to think its more of a glitch as opposed to placeholder coding. The demo appeared to be a case of placeholding colors, since the problem affected both consoles. Since the game is developed for the 360 first and then ported over, I doubt its a simple matter, otherwise the issue would show up as much on the 360.

Iowa's facemasks were black in 12 and 13.
Well from what EA said, it wasn't a bug nor a glitch. I can't remember what years Iowa's was wrong but I can remember Iowa fans being very angry about it

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #46
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartyParty11
Well from what EA said, it wasn't a bug nor a glitch. I can't remember what years Iowa's was wrong but I can remember Iowa fans being very angry about it
EA has actually said anything about it? I remember hearing about the Iowa thing too, but they've been black as long as I've been playing on this gen (since '11).

I'm curious about the differences is the issue between consoles; is PS3 coding that different? Such that proper coloring appears on one console and not the other? Or did somebody stupidly port over an incomplete version?

I don't expect you or anyone here to know these answers, but EA needs to do a better job of coming out and saying something.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #47
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

Quote:
EA has actually said anything about it? I remember hearing about the Iowa thing too, but they've been black as long as I've been playing on this gen (since '11).

I'm curious about the differences is the issue between consoles; is PS3 coding that different? Such that proper coloring appears on one console and not the other? Or did somebody stupidly port over an incomplete version?

I don't expect you or anyone here to know these answers, but EA needs to do a better job of coming out and saying something.
All I know is that when the issue was finally reported to EA, one of the designers said it wasn't a glitch or bug. I read that on one of these threads. Well I know the PS3 version is ported, whether or not it's coded differently, I don't know

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #48
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Well if they cant find out what the issue is they need to add an additional helmet with the correct colored facemask thru Uniform store for free...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »