Home

Game Freezing

This is a discussion on Game Freezing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #57
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: online dyansty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
this freezing is ridiculous there are certain weeks in dynasty where it freezes every time you try to play the game
I had not had a freeze with this game, probably 60 games. Now, in my 3rd year of a dynasty, the last game of the season and my dynasty will not load up. I've tried probably a dozen times, just freezes when loading the dynasty, I have to reset the whole Xbox.
Disc is flawless, not sure what the cause is..........even more scary, I'm sure EA doesn't know either.

Last years game was a nightmare with the freezes but I had been pleasantly surprised with this years game........until today.

Now I don't know whether to just start a new dynasty or not. Don't really want to go three years in and have the same thing happen after all the recruiting work. Really a bummer.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #58
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Game Freezing

Has anyone had a lot of freezing out of a version that was downloaded from playstation online?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #59
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Im going to post every single time it freezes.

A new twist this time. It didn't freeze during the stupid photo highlights. No. It went clear past that screen so I thought I was good. So I go to my game stats, a 37-27 and very fun upset of my rival. I'm looking through the rush attempts, tackles, sacks, very impressed with the realistic numbers and I sort the tackles and it freezes.

I am so fed up with this. Someone needs to be fired for allowing this crap to be so frequent.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #60
Pro

thbends's Arena

The only game freezes I have experienced had to do with an OLB recruit. For some reason any time I tried to scroll through his info the game froze. I just ended up not scouting him and made him not a target.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS
Old 08-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #61
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Since I've had the game, I've had about maybe 8-10 post game freezes. If I have played 100 games, that means about 10% of them were for nothing.

I have been playing video games since the early 90s. Has a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, 360. Played sports games from 989, EA, 2K, and various other companies. Currently play all types of games from RPG, to Strategy, to FPS.

I have never in my life experienced the kind of freezing that I have with this game. It was a big deal last year too, which was the biggest reason I traded the game in before September.

I really liked the NCAA 14 demo which convinced me to purchase day 1, and though it has plenty of flaws, I have been enjoying this release more than any other NCAA game this gen. But it is nearly unplayable at this point because I worry that every game I play might freeze. I might have had 8 total freezes combined in the six years I have been playing other sports/action games on the PS3. To have 8+ from this one release in one month is ridiculous.

It might be less frustrating if there were in-game saves.

I'm overlooking the stale commentary. I'm overlooking the overtime glitch that gave me a L because the CPU got the ball 3 times. I'm overlooking the poor crowd atmosphere and other legacy issues. I'm overlooking it because I'm trying to enjoy the parts of the game that I do honestly like. But I don't know how much longer I can ignore this freezing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #62
Just started!

AggieDuckPatrol's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm on Year 4 of my Dynasty and did not have any problems until Saturday when it froze after I destroyed Ohio (I'm BC). I did a hard restart, replayed the game, and won again. This time it did not freeze so I saved it and advanced a week. I played #14 Maryland and lost on a last second touchdown, and it froze again. In the exact same place. It freezes during the still pictures at the end of the game where it's showing the coaching goals met and XP. The PS button won't even work on the controller...I have to reset the PS3 manually.

I'm tired of replaying games, so I switched back to the Show '13. I'm tired of EA and their buggy products, which is a shame because I really enjoy this year's gameplay. I was going to get Madden, but if this is an issue with Madden as well, I'm going to pass. Inexcusable IMO.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

My game froze in the first quarter of last nights game in the middle of a play. The night before, the game was flawless. I have had more freeze games than full games. Getting really tiresome.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #64
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I am so fed up with this. Someone needs to be fired for allowing this crap to be so frequent.
Apologies if you already did / know this, but:

I had similar issues with NBA2k13 until I did a System Restore...

The first time, SONY Tech Support wakled me thru it (quick and easy), but here's an overview:

https://support.us.playstation.com/a...d-drive-on-ps3

As you can see from other posters, the game has stability issues, but your frequency may mean that this is a needed first step anyway...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »