Home

Am I the only one who hates the new recruting?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who hates the new recruting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one who hates the new recruting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
I don't mind it. I missed the old version at first, but I got through a few weeks in a dynasty last night, and it's growing on me. Takes a while to get used to. Its important to flip through all the menu's/screens on the right though for scouting, and visits and such.

I'm a bit lost on how visits work though. I get a bunch of recruits that are ready to visit, but the screen says i should schedule them later because they are worth more bonus points, but I can only schedule them as their first visit. So I waited a week, thinking maybe some other teams would schedule them early, and I could get a later slot, however the recruits just seemed to disappear completely the following week from the ready to visit list. Maybe I'm missing something here, I dont know. I'm sure in time I'll figure it all out.

I do like that its faster to get through each week though. It was so time consuming in the past.
Maybe you have the "CPU schedule visits" assist on. So even though you aren't scheduling the CPU does it for you. You can schedule a recruit visit for the last week of the season and you'll still be their "1st visit" if other schools haven't scheduled visits yet. But as other schools schedule visits in weeks prior to yours, this will change (and the points you get will change).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I love it. The old version was was tedious and boring. Now after the first few weeks I can basically set it on cruise control and just check it for a few minutes to make sure nothing has changed. Also, it's MUCH easier to know if you have a shot with a guy or not with the new system and I'm not keeping a guy on my board that I really have little shot at getting.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't hate it, I just miss the old recruiting. It seems now that if you're in a recruiting battle with another school and they have more weekly bonus points than you, you're just fighting an uphill battle you can never win. With the old system at least you could at least talk down other schools' pitches. I dunno, I haven't played an entire season yet so we'll see.

Last edited by speedkills; 07-17-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I don't hate it, I just miss the old recruiting. It seems now that if you're in a recruiting battle with another school and they have more weekly bonus points than you, you're just fighting an uphill battle you can never win. With the old system at least you could at least talk down other schools' pitches. I dunno, I haven't played an entire season yet so we'll see.
The recruiting skills tree for your coach will come in to play once you build it high enough. I have my coach xp tuned to slow so it will take awhile. I personally really like the new recruiting. I am the head coach at UL Lafayette. I have a 3*TE i've been recruiting since week 1. It is week 12 now and I have no clue where he is going. Texas State,Ohio,and North Texas are really putting up a fight for this kid.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I wish that promises could somehow be worked into the new system.
That's the only feature I miss from the old systems.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #30
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I was never a fan of the old system. It was just too tedious and never felt like EA (or any company) could make cold calling recruits interesting. I envisioned a system where coaches and coordinators were allotted a certain amount of points to use on recruits but I thought that would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too simplistic and EA would never do it.

Imagine my surprise when that's almost exactly what they did.

I like the new system but I can see where others wouldn't since it is extremely scaled down and most of the work is already done for you.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #31
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't like it. EAS is dumbing-down the game... making it easier for the casual fan to play. Casual fan doesn't understand or care for the intricacies of recruiting.

This numbers crap is ridiculous. It is so far from realistic it isn't even funny. Don't tell me that this is just a video game and everything can't be realistic. They had the right idea with pitches, etc., but why introduce these numbers? It makes no sense.

I am like you, I used to LOVE recruiting... now it is just blah. Will get very boring very fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDiiddy
From when I talk to people and the little bit I have read on here people are a fan of the new dynasty feel.

I just hate how hands off the recruiting is. I use to have a dynasty where I would sim the games and just recruit. Now it is set your points on week 1 and don't do anything until the end of the season.

I like the new RPG aspect of building your coach but I just cant get on board with this new point system.

Does anyone else feel this way, or is this the new beloved way dynasty is going to work from here on out?
My NCAA Football online forum lineage goes back to DaBirk and the ORIGINAL NCAA Strategies. I've been playing football video games since the Atari 400 -- in other words, probably before YOU WERE BORN! I am old-school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 PM   #32
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm really not sure the Russian roulette phone system was that realistic either. Neither systems properly represent the true intricacies of recruiting, but this system is way less clumsy while offering more aspects to be in control of/aware of/flat out more details to keep track of week to week.

It's an improvement, IMO

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »