Home

OS Roundtable Review: NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable Review: NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: OS Roundtable Review: NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
Yep! And I hated NCAA 2006. I never understood why it has been hailed as the greatest NCAA by so many. I think that's when impact players were introduced and, as always with EA, this new feature was overblown. I spent less time with NCAA 2006 than any other version. The CPU would chuck deep balls on you with huge leads in the final minutes - and they were cash-money plays! I personally liked the next version, NCAA 2007, the best.

Even if NCAA 2014 is a big step forward (and I haven't played it enough yet to say), I doubt any momentum will carry into next-gen. In this generation, it seemed like EA took a few years to figure things out - and many of us would say they never really did.
I didn't know NCAA Football 06 was the best college football game, period. I've heard different opinions about which game is the best. As for NCAA Football 14, I only played at least hour & an half of the demo. Its an improvement (running animations, less magnetic tackling, NIKE Trainer Skills mode & etc) & I hope I can rent the game to see if its the best or not.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: OS Roundtable Review: NCAA Football 14

I'm watching College Football on ESPN U, and as someone who gave the game a good review, it's pretty apparent this game still has a long way to go to look like a game of college football.

Honestly, I think it's the perfect time for a next-gen title. NCAA '14 feels like a game that did the best it could with what was given. I think the way EA entered this current gen was a death sentence for the game these last few years. Now, the game gets some momentum going in the right direction, and gets to leave some of the legacy issues behind (hopefully).

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 07-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #19
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0
damn just watched the nc state fsu game on th espnu top 25 games of the years. the pageantry and action was just too much compared to ncaa 14.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #20
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
for the first time in YEARS I find myself playing back to back games. Instead of playing a game and then saying "ah, that's enough for today." I am really, really, REALLY LOVING the NO FUSS "Season Mode" as I don't really have time to get into recruiting and such. I like to concentrate on the on the field action along with checking the stats time to time. That mode really has been a great addition for me. I also LOVE the new ZOOM camera angle and pretty much its the only angle I play at. It's great for both the pass and especially the running game. What better way to show off improved line play than a zoom angle?

I would also like to see defense tightened up but that's not to say I haven't had defensive struggles at times. I have gone with Authentics slider set and really haven't changed anything. That set has provided shootouts as well as slobberknockers for me. the only thing I have really cut out of my playbook is the streak plays. I still call fades but just not 4 or 5 recievers all running streaks IMO that play shouldn't even be in the playbook. Well, maybe just Hail mary play in ONE formation. anyways im rambling on here.

NCAA14 is a BIG thumbs up in MOST aspects. the graphical upgrade (colors) is the icing on the cake for a lot of us as well
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Playing exclusively with ZOOM camera myself, cannot go back to normal now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
Did they fix the freezing in dynasty. its the only reason I have not picked up the game yet? I have seen numerous complaints about this.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #23
Just started!

OVR: 0
Can you declare early after junior year in RTG?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »