Home

Last game? Playoff option patch?

This is a discussion on Last game? Playoff option patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Last game? Playoff option patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
I think you are whistling pass the graveyard if you don't think this news has a huge effect on if we see college football next year
It actually isn't a big deal. Look up a few threads and you will see. All this means is that they can't use the actual name NCAA and their logos. The schools all fall under another licensing deal/deals.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
Rookie

Neverwhere's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I think you are whistling pass the graveyard if you don't think this news has a huge effect on if we see college football next year
And, like every single other person in here, you are making speculations based off information you do not have.

This whole point is moot as the parts which people actually want in the game will still be there (bowls, Heisman, official colleges, etc) which have been making their own licensing agreements with EA for quite some time now. It's all there in the legal text every single time you boot up the game. Take a minute and read it next time you start up the game.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
If you think having the title "College Football 15" instead of "NCAA Football 15" is huge, then you're absolutely right. Otherwise: wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #12
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback73
If you think having the title "College Football 15" instead of "NCAA Football 15" is huge, then you're absolutely right. Otherwise: wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong....
ESPN, Nike & many other big corporations would love to have their name in the title.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #13
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingleberryfinn
ESPN, Nike & many other big corporations would love to have their name in the title.
"ESPN College Football 2015"
I could see it.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Just started!

joaqui's Arena

Last year I created something close to a playoff by taking away all automatic qualifiers from all confrences so that only top 8 make it to the BCS coupled with every major conference having a confrence championship. What it did was it created a system where a confrences with teams rated high enough would have to play each other in the confrence championships leaving top 8 teams playing each other in BCS bowls.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I apologize if anybody here is an EA die-hard, but how sweet would it be if 2K made a college football game next year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback73
No I'm talking about the lawsuit, it's going to real easy for them to add college conferences , schools to the list without out the shield of NCAA . Now will schools continue to be ok with this? Or will they say I think we will wait until this lawsuit gets taking care of? I'm thinking the latter

The real question is why is NCAA backing out? Hence I'm not seeing a game next year, each month more bad news about this lawsuit continues to prove that it's headed that way

Either way point of thread is they should add the playoffs to this game this year, especially if they lose in the court ruling, we might be a few years without a game, so patch it in, can't blame NCAA for not allowing it anymore

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »