Home

Input on Choosing Team for Dynasty

This is a discussion on Input on Choosing Team for Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Input on Choosing Team for Dynasty

Hey Guys,

I finally downloaded the PS3 community rosters. Big Up's to those guys for all the hard work! So my question is and hoping for some insight on guys already using some of these teams. But I am a Spread option guy. Usually use Oregon or Ohio State playbook. I'm looking for a middle of the road team to build up with decent uni's and a good pipeline start to state to start off with. I wouldn't necessarily want start off in a power conference because it kind of defeats the purpose of building up your coach and starting out there. I like to start out lower and earn a Power Conference coaching gig. I've looked at teams like Cincy, SMU, EMU, teams from the American Conf., etc. Nothing has appealed to me. Thanks in advance for all the replies.

P.S. I've played football since I was 8 all the way up to playing in college. Not really sure as to what all the fuss is over this game. I think it's the best one yet, ofcourse I have things I don't like about the game, but overall ITS still pretty darn good for a GAME! yes, its still a video game gentlemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Input on Choosing Team for Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catufb85
Hey Guys,

I finally downloaded the PS3 community rosters. Big Up's to those guys for all the hard work! So my question is and hoping for some insight on guys already using some of these teams. But I am a Spread option guy. Usually use Oregon or Ohio State playbook. I'm looking for a middle of the road team to build up with decent uni's and a good pipeline start to state to start off with. I wouldn't necessarily want start off in a power conference because it kind of defeats the purpose of building up your coach and starting out there. I like to start out lower and earn a Power Conference coaching gig. I've looked at teams like Cincy, SMU, EMU, teams from the American Conf., etc. Nothing has appealed to me. Thanks in advance for all the replies.

P.S. I've played football since I was 8 all the way up to playing in college. Not really sure as to what all the fuss is over this game. I think it's the best one yet, ofcourse I have things I don't like about the game, but overall ITS still pretty darn good for a GAME! yes, its still a video game gentlemen.
Houston or SMU. Not spread option playbooks (very few in the game since most run a regular spread playbook), but you can always custom make or select a playbook. They run up tempo spread offenses already, so you just need a mobile QB and speed HBs.

Teams are 3* star prestige, in Texas, in the American Conference.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Colorado is fun
Old 07-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

It doesn't fit all your criteria but Marshall has a good Jr QB to run the spread option with. 3 star (I think, maybe 2) in the CUSA, and close to VA and OH with a FL pipeline.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Just started!

joaqui's Arena

OVR: 0

UCF and USF both fit your criteria. They are both in a great pipeline and a non main stream conference. I have a bias for Nike schools so I would pick UCF over USF. I would also throw in Ohio because I like their helmets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaqui
UCF and USF both fit your criteria. They are both in a great pipeline and a non main stream conference. I have a bias for Nike schools so I would pick UCF over USF. I would also throw in Ohio because I like their helmets.
Just browsing over these forums and I saw this post. Thanks for mentioning UCF, I will be using them for my dynasty. They seem like a good team to build up, and I also have a bias for Nike.

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Old 07-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Just started!

joaqui's Arena

OVR: 0

If I wasn't such a Gator snob i would have a much higher appreciation for other Florida schools. I do however enjoy UCF's black unis.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah UCF or USF would be fun choices, maybe even FIU if you wanna start lower. FIU is a spread team I think (too bad no more TY Hilton). All get Florida pipelines. I'd lean towards USF simply because I'm a Bucs fan and you get a pirate ship in your stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »