Home

I Hate It When Someone Ridiculous Wins the Heisman

This is a discussion on I Hate It When Someone Ridiculous Wins the Heisman within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-24-2003, 04:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I Hate It When Someone Ridiculous Wins the Heisman

Ive won the heisman twice, both with QBs. One was in year 20 due to no one else putting up good numbers and one was because my qb also had 800 yards on the gorund.

Its just too hard for them to win though. They need to de-value return yards unless theyre Dante Hall like because the best position players return kicks on every team. They could either mark down the amount of points they get for return yards or just do the depth charts so taht superstars usually dont do returns.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

The Heisman voting is one of the more annoying "quirks" of this year's game. In my original dynasty, Reggie Williams (WR-Wash) won it, but he had ridiculous numbers. I'm not sure if he returned kicks too or not. In other dynasty years, it is a halfback 95% of the time that wins, and usually the only players to even make the heisman list are halfbacks. I had a QB throw for over 4300 yards, 38 TD's, 8 int's and I think I might have gotten 4th or 5th in the race. If anything, the game should slant a little in favor of QB's, since that's how it tends to be in real life. They definitely need to de-value return yards in the voting. I have no idea why they changed it this year, it was always fine in other years.

It all goes back to return yards. My solution to the problem is to use the type of system they have in Madden and give everyone a kick return rating. I hate seeing the star RB of the other team back returning kicks every game. Some schools have a guy like that returning kicks for them (Sproles) but it's not always that way. Giving a high return rating to a 3rd string HB or WR would really help this situation.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Mountaineer's Arena

OVR: 3

I won the Heisman with a sophomore WR\Cb in my Wyoming dynasty. I know what you're thinking...Wyoming? I wanted a challenge, and I got one. The year I took over the program only had 1 CB returning and I could only convince 2 recruits to come aboard in the off-season. Thus, my best WR named Jason Connell (87 overall, 97 speed) had to play both ways!

He was sick and was definitely the best player on my team. I had him returning punts and kick-offs also. Connell ended up with 1215 receiving yards, over 2500 all-purpose yards, 19 TDs, 64 tackles, 8 sacks, and 7 INTs. He also returned 2 punts for TDs and 1 kick-off.

The funny thing is that even though he won the Heisman, he was only named a SECOND team All-American! What in the hell is that about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2003, 02:08 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thats great for a guy who plays both ways. I use Hawaii so recruits are hard to come by as well. Even if ur in the PAC-10 conference and only lose 2 games every yr and win ur bowl still hard to find recruits. But anyways yea i play a few WR in CB positions as wlel as starting WR's. I also use a SS on DE.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:47 AM   #13
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14

i had a very fast agile qb.. in order to get him the heisman (sim wise)... i put him in at kr and pr. (injuries off)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »