Home

Major Dynasty Bug You Need To Know About

This is a discussion on Major Dynasty Bug You Need To Know About within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #1
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Major Dynasty Bug You Need To Know About

I don't know if this has been posted, and if it has I apologize.

Season 1: took 3 days

Played as ODU in their current "Independent" status for the first season

I decided in season 2 to switch them with Duke so ODU could be in the same conference as UVA and VT.

I swapped the two teams and continued with the rest of the Offseason task. Red Shirted players, etc.

Then (and here's where I get kicked in the junk,) I go to look at and change the schedule.............NO ACC games are on my schedule. All 12 games are filled with totally random teams.

I press "regenerate" with and without known games.........still have a no ACC games. I backout of the Dynasty hoping that I didn't just waste time the last few days. Started the Dynasty back up; same deal.

Yes I was switching an Independent with an ACC school, but it still shouldn't do that.

If this would have happened when I started the first season not a big deal. Play a full season, recruit (land 3 4 star players during the signing week,) and then get pooped on.

I don't know what caused the bug:

-Using the swap button instead of using "add school," during the changes, then move Duke to being an Independent.
-Being an independent to a conference
-PS3 is mad a me for puking on it 4 years ago when I was drunk

Any ideas?

Sorry for such a long explanation. I needed to vent. I would have vented at my wife but I was afraid of triggering some freakish pregnancy hormone fire breathing situation.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Major Dynasty Bug You Need To Know About

Did you actually start the season?

When you start it go to the conference projections, maybe for some reason your change didn't save. It may still have duke in the ACC and you independent.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 AM   #3
Rookie

hawkeyefan95's Arena

OVR: 2

You might want to play/sim through the second season and see if the schedule is right for the third season. If it wasn't for all of the stupid glitches, this game just might be the best football game on this generation.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yes, this is a known bug... and there is a crappy work around.

Replacing a team in a conference isn't going to change their schedule. You need to add or subtract teams to alter the total number of team, to alter the number of conference games that will be played.

If you added Notre Dame to the ACC in place of 1 school, it will not take their conference games. You would need to add 2 schools (1 being ND) to get 16 schools to alter how many conference games they play.

That resets conference schedules.

By replacing Duke with ODU, the system doesn't recognize the conference change. Best bet is to add ODU to the ACC and add another school to give them 16 schools.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #5
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
Yes, this is a known bug... and there is a crappy work around.

Replacing a team in a conference isn't going to change their schedule. You need to add or subtract teams to alter the total number of team, to alter the number of conference games that will be played.

If you added Notre Dame to the ACC in place of 1 school, it will not take their conference games. You would need to add 2 schools (1 being ND) to get 16 schools to alter how many conference games they play.

That resets conference schedules.

By replacing Duke with ODU, the system doesn't recognize the conference change. Best bet is to add ODU to the ACC and add another school to give them 16 schools.
I believe you. Unfortunately I can't go back because it autosaved and I'm stuck in the "Preseason," after the custom conferences have been created.

I haven't checked to see if I can figure it out since last night. Hopefully I can figure something out. If not........back to square one only this time I'll start ODU in the ACC. If it messes up again it won't be a big deal.

At least I know how to do it correct now. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am with you. I have had 2 different dynasty ruined by this. After my first one was ruined, I have started to save before the season loads so I can go back if I need. I never had the ACC issues like you. My issues were the B12 and SEC. I put TAMU and Mizz back in the B12 and they both played no conference games. Started a new one with 16 per conference to see I have better luck.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGamer
I am with you. I have had 2 different dynasty ruined by this. After my first one was ruined, I have started to save before the season loads so I can go back if I need. I never had the ACC issues like you. My issues were the B12 and SEC. I put TAMU and Mizz back in the B12 and they both played no conference games.
Did you play the season? If so was it jacked up any other way?

I'm just trying to figure out if I play another whole season/ recruit will other issues pop up. Basically I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it?
Old 07-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
I don't know what caused the bug:

-Using the swap button instead of using "add school," during the changes, then move Duke to being an Independent.
-Being an independent to a conference
-PS3 is mad a me for puking on it 4 years ago when I was drunk

I lol'ed, this is definitely the reason.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »