Home

Awesome Game Last Night

This is a discussion on Awesome Game Last Night within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Awesome Game Last Night

I'm having a blast with this game. I play 100% offline dynasty mode so I'm using sliders to modify it to my liking. I understand that online players are frustrated... I get that and I feel for them as I'd be frustrated too if my preferred method of playing was online only.

BUT... on Heisman with sliders modifications I'm just getting some awesome games. I win when I feel like I've earned it and I lose when I feel like I've earned it and then there's all sorts of twists/turns in between. It's just been awesome for me.

I'm finishing up my first season with South Carolina and I'm ranked 2 in the country but I definitely had some very close calls throughout the season. First of all I got trounced by UGA in my second game. I just couldn't get anything going and they were on fire all game long. I nearly lost to Florida in a game that could've gone either way but it honestly just came down to turnovers. Tennessee gave me a HUGE run for my money and then last night Clemson nearly upset the apple cart. I threw 2 picks and they caused a fumble by sacking Thompson and they scored on all three of those turnovers making the score 20-3 at the half. All season long I've had to swap Thompson and Shaw out depending on what I'm trying to accomplish and I love that. Clemson was shutting down my read option pretty effectively so I had to put Thompson in to try and get the passing game going but then they drilled him for a huge fumble-inducing sack. Sigh... Nothing went right in the first half. Clemson only had 80 yards of total offense but they scored 4 times!

The second half was still a struggle but I started finding some success in the passing game which in turn opened up the running game. I put Shaw back in late in the 3rd quarter and he lead a nice scoring drive mostly on the ground. Thompson came back in for the 4th quarter and ate Clemson up in the air. I ended up winning 23 to 20 on a touchdown with 24 second left on the clock. Boyd made the most of the remaining 24 seconds and nearly sent the game into overtime but the 52 yard field goal was just a little much for their kicker who barely missed wide left.

Is the gam perfect? Nope. Am I having a blast playing it? Yep! I was so frustrated in the first half of that game last night. And then the skies opened up and I started breaking them down. Good times!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Sorry but we don't need this as its own thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »