Home

Defensive Alignment AI, Human Audibles and Finding Simulation Balance

This is a discussion on Defensive Alignment AI, Human Audibles and Finding Simulation Balance within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Defensive Alignment AI, Human Audibles and Finding Simulation Balance

I'd like to get some feedback and ideas from the community on ways that you keep gameplay as realistic as possible when the Defensive Alignment AI over-compensates for your play call, leaving a huge hole if you make an obvious and simple audible.

I'm speaking more to the running game (especially when running triple option) but passing plays have the same situation at times.

I'll call a triple option to the right and the defense lines up in the perfect defense to blow it up and then some -- the only problem, all I have to do is switch the play direction and I've got a 70-yard touchdown.

I can rack up almost 370 rushing yards a game even with blocking sliders dropped to nothing and defensive run defense cranked up, etc. I'm checking replays and it's not so much that my team is out-blocking the defense or that they play dumb during the play -- it's just that they're lining up so drastically to stop one single play.

Of course, I could just run the play and let them blow it up, but I don't believe in nerfing the game to compensate -- that's not how real football is played.

How are all of you dealing with this issue, or are any of you noticing it?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »