Home

Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate

This is a discussion on Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate

ya know what amazes me, i've seen more posts for people concerned if rushing the field is now an option. really?

they should create a game that has the revo speed 2 bar, and a crowd that rushes the field.

these are our concerns.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I can tell you one thing.. if EA does make a 'blank slate' game, it sure as hell better not cost $60.
That is the only sure thing that won't change. $59.99 every year.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I disagree. People in general are pretty... I don't know if lazy is the right word, but I'll use it, lazy. People put in their game and expect to be able to play Alabama vs Oregon without having to download anything from a third party.

Now, they could let us do the stuff you mentioned while still having all the default teams in there. For example Out of the Park Baseball has the MLB teams and rosters (but not logos) but you can customize everything however you like, with a league as big or small as you like, and whatever teams you want to include or create. That's a PC game in a whole different genre but going that direction would be really good I think.
OTP Baseball doesn't have to deal with the issue of player likenesses, since there are none. A recent court ruling supported the fact that using just stats is OK. Faces are not. Back in the old days of Bill Walsh college football, every player looked exactly the same, so likeness is not an issue. Ironically, the better technology has ended up screwing us over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 05:42 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I'd be all about it. EA Sports does such a poor job with rosters as is, I would like to see an application like Team Builder give users complete control over rosters. I'm sure the logos and trademarks of the schools will get licensed and games will still be made. The NCAA and EA will make a big fuss about likeness now because they don't want to lose their case. Sorry, public opinion will not side with the NCAA on this one. Most football fans believe the NCAA is a corrupt organization, let alone greedy.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #13
Pro

If a gaming company was to put out a college football game under the Ultimate Team concept, there would be no legal issues. Stock rosters would be of post graduate players. If player editing or creation was included, it would be on the user to change those rosters. Those edits would be by the user and not for profit.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_mike
OTP Baseball doesn't have to deal with the issue of player likenesses, since there are none. A recent court ruling supported the fact that using just stats is OK. Faces are not. Back in the old days of Bill Walsh college football, every player looked exactly the same, so likeness is not an issue. Ironically, the better technology has ended up screwing us over.

Likeness is a factor though. You always see people complaining because there is no picture or the picture doesn't look like the guy it's supposed to be. The best way to do it would just be get rid of pictures and no problem, right? Wrong! You got people complaining because there is not a certain facemask in the game or jersey. So people and not all people, I'm not saying everybody, would be mad at no pictures. Back in Bill Walsh days, those of us that are old enough to remember those days, we were just happy to have a college football game. People now days are spoiled and want everything, so likeness is always gonna be a factor now days.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:32 AM   #15
Pro

EA started using head shots more than team logos for stat overlays in 2011. Why would you focus on head shots of fake players? And then last year, we started seeing players with their helmets off. Spend your time on face masks and equipment! The likeness of equipment can be accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »