Home

I figured out the problem with defense.

This is a discussion on I figured out the problem with defense. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: I figured out the problem with defense.

I think you guys should just get better on defense. I use Toledo on Heisman difficulty in my dynasty and I have a top 10 defense in the country. Held Florida to 7 points week 1 at Florida.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I gave this a shot last night put all human sliders on 20, CPU on 80.

I was amazed at how competitive it was, and yes animation wise saw some what seemed to be new ones.

However the passing game was still pretty much unstoppable.

There were more incompletions but the CPU would on several occasions for no reason snap the ball and whip it out of bounds lol.

You might be able to get this to work but it's gonna need a lot of tweaking.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #51
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith wicks
I think you guys should just get better on defense. I use Toledo on Heisman difficulty in my dynasty and I have a top 10 defense in the country. Held Florida to 7 points week 1 at Florida.
I think you should turn up your slider difficulty to make the outcomes more realistic. If you can hold Florida to 7 points and have a top 10 defense with Toledo, you've told me all I need to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #52
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic

I gave this a shot last night put all human sliders on 20, CPU on 80.

There were more incompletions but the CPU would on several occasions for no reason snap the ball and whip it out of bounds lol.

You might be able to get this to work but it's gonna need a lot of tweaking.
Dude, yes. I am so glad you said this. I couldn't find anybody else having this issue of the CPU QB just tossing the ball out of bounds for no reason.

Played Colorado last night in my dynasty and their QB ended up going 2 for 22 with 15 yards passing.......
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #53
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
Dude, yes. I am so glad you said this. I couldn't find anybody else having this issue of the CPU QB just tossing the ball out of bounds for no reason.

Played Colorado last night in my dynasty and their QB ended up going 2 for 22 with 15 yards passing.......
I do and I have it on heisman. It happens once or twice a game. I think it has something to do with the int grounding slider. I have it set 75+ I might set it back to default?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #54
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

"Fixing" defense is such a hard thing to do because there is a much wider gap in individual user skill compared to playing offense.

How many guys truly know how to call a good defense, especially what coverages to use against the pass (ie, man coverage)? The other thing I rarely hear anyone saying a thing about is the pre-snap "Pass commit" option. Just like in real life, it gets players to tune out anything but defending the pass in obvious passing downs.

Granted, I have toned down sliders for passing accuracy on the Human and CPU side of things, but the actual "coverage" has been great when it should be for me. Good coverage guys are in position to make plays (especially when I tell them to focus on the pass) while linebackers and average coverage guys struggle to stay with their man. And when the CPU starts burning me with the matchups on my LB, I bring in new personnel to matchup better. And as far as personnel goes, how many know how to match up based on the groupings (formations) that the CPU offense calls?

I think what people are finding out is that calling a defense is very difficult -- just like it should be and is in real life.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #55
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I do and I have it on heisman. It happens once or twice a game. I think it has something to do with the int grounding slider. I have it set 75+ I might set it back to default?
I have INT grounding set on default now, and ended up with this....

photo photo1_zps6e602b4f.jpg

I'd say he threw the ball out of bounds about 10-15 times. I'll play around with the slider today after work and I'll post back on here if I find anything interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #56
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

Not being a smart A$$ here, but what is the interception grounding slider? Do you just mean the interception slider? I have cpu and human set to 40 (interception slider) and I've still seen the cpu QB huck the ball out of bounds 2-3 times per game (7 minute quarters). I wonder if it has to do with the interception slider, of if it's a glitch on a particular play that the cpu is calling? Could be either I guess. I still love the hell out of this game regardless, just trying to have as realistic outcomes as possible on an EA football game, and most of us know it's a difficult chore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »