Home

QBs WAYYYYYYY too accurate(VIDEO PROOF)

This is a discussion on QBs WAYYYYYYY too accurate(VIDEO PROOF) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: QBs WAYYYYYYY too accurate(VIDEO PROOF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
And if EA put out the worst sports game of all time, you'd be defending it.
In not one part of his post was he acting like an EA "fanboy". The post DIRECTLY above yours talks about this ridiculous divide in the community. Your post is pretty much proof of this divide.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
In not one part of his post was he acting like an EA "fanboy". The post DIRECTLY above yours talks about this ridiculous divide in the community. Your post is pretty much proof of this divide.
Suggesting that people's complaints about the game aren't valid (as his off topic post did) is exactly what being a fanboy is.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Get back on topic please.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
I don't dispute that, but the super-accurate QBs are done to keep the scores and yardage "realistic" despite 6 minute quarters. If QBs were throwing realistic 55-65% across the board, on 6 min quarters it would drop the scores significantly.
Totally agree. But it sure would be nice if the QB Accuracy slider really worked well. Most years I put that down to about 5 or 10. But a mediocre QB can still loft up a 40 yard pass and pinpoint a receiver in stride down the sideline pretty consistantly.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Do a quick test. Pick 2 random teams...go in and edit each QB's Throw Accuracy rating by 40. Play the game and report your findings here.

Edited to add: if you do this and it's to your liking...if you upload your roster to Roster Share ill download it and mass edit it for you lowering QB Thr ACC across the board. It would take me all of 5 min. Let me know what you find.
I like the idea,. Tar Heel do you have any thoughts on what should be the high end and low end on accuracy if the reductions to the accuracy ratings are made?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Neither of those throws are back shoulder throws. The back shoulder throw comes from running a streak or sideline route and the qb throwing it behind the CB and hits the WR in the back shoulder for the completion.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Disclaimer: This post won't mean anything to online guys.

I haven't tested this fully in '14, but it seems to be the same as in '13. The QBA slider is broken in dynasty/play now games. You could set it to 0 and still complete a high %. But if you test this in practice you can see what the slider is supposed to be like. You won't complete ANY passes to your intended receiver in practice with QBA set to 0 because the slider actually works in this mode, and only this mode.
Here is a quick video I made in practice mode of NCAA '14 with QBA set to 0. I didn't complete any passes (to my intended receiver) as I missed him by at least 5 yards every time. The TE is running a simple IN route right across the middle of the field and I didn't use any precision passing or anything as I simply held the "A" button and missed terribly.

Anywho, assuming that EA doesn't fix this broken slider (they never did in '13) here's what I did in '13 in my offline to combat this. I lowered the THA rating of every QB on my team and every one that I recruited. In '13 I lowered it by 15 but I haven't come up with a good number yet for '14 but I'll start with -15. This worked nicely to lower my completion %s.
You can see here the difference that it made (the red was before I started subtracting THA and the blue was the years after I started subtracting THA):

Again, this doesn't help you for online matches or ODs, but it worked great for me in my offline dynasty and I fully plan to do it for my '14 offline, assuming that EA doesn't fix the broken slider. 1 caveat is that lowering your QB's THA slider will lower their OVR which makes them less likely to go pro early. Since I didn't want to have my studs stick around longer than they should I always edited my QBs that could go pro back to where they should be (by adding 15 to their THA) right after my bowl game. Then if they went pro I'd let them. If they didn't, then I'd subtract 15 THA at the beginning of the next year again.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 07-19-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgriffle
Neither of those throws are back shoulder throws. The back shoulder throw comes from running a streak or sideline route and the qb throwing it behind the CB and hits the WR in the back shoulder for the completion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »