Home

Quick question - Restarts in Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Quick question - Restarts in Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick question - Restarts in Online Dynasty

Dealing with a possible situation w/ restarts in online dynasty. I'm running an all Big Ten OD, so the user vs. CPU games at the beginning of the year are usually blowouts that aren't taken too seriously. Gotta ask about the restarts though.

If you temporarily lose the online connection in the middle of a CPU game, does anything happen? I read somewhere that you only needed to be online for the beginning and end of a user vs. CPU game, so lag/online issues couldn't be a factor. But that was for NCAA 12 or 13 so that may not be the case now.

And also, how do you go about punishing restarts, short of booting repeat offenders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #2
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Quick question - Restarts in Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioTROFFski
Dealing with a possible situation w/ restarts in online dynasty. I'm running an all Big Ten OD, so the user vs. CPU games at the beginning of the year are usually blowouts that aren't taken too seriously. Gotta ask about the restarts though.

If you temporarily lose the online connection in the middle of a CPU game, does anything happen? I read somewhere that you only needed to be online for the beginning and end of a user vs. CPU game, so lag/online issues couldn't be a factor. But that was for NCAA 12 or 13 so that may not be the case now.

And also, how do you go about punishing restarts, short of booting repeat offenders?

To answer your questio, what you heard is correct. As long as you are online at the beginning and the end of the game, losing internet in the middle will have no effect. There will be no need for a restart just because you lost internet in the middle of the game.

As far as punishment for restrats, you can't be light. Restarts cannot be tolerated. In leagues that I run, the owners are supposed to let me know if there game freezes and they have to restart. If not, it is counted as though they quit. After one warning (in year 1 only), I boot them on the second restart.

It is just my opinion, but allowing restarts can ruin the entire OD if it is not tightly controlled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »