Home

Creating Breakout and Immediate Impact Players

This is a discussion on Creating Breakout and Immediate Impact Players within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #17
Rookie

Razer1066's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Creating Breakout and Immediate Impact Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Lastly, I'll choose 5 freshman who were redshirted that will receive a +5 or +10 to their overall.
What do you guys think? Too many/too few breakout players? How do you guys go about doing it? Just trying to change things up.

how did you sort to find your rs freshman?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer1066
how did you sort to find your rs freshman?
I used the random number generator to pick the team first, so say it was team #42. Then I'd use the generator again to pick the position. Say it was #4, which would be WR's. I'd then look to see if the team had any WR's that didn't have any stats that year. If there were none, I'd get a new position. If there was only 1, that guy would automatically get the increase. If there were more than 1, say 3, I'd use the generator again. If the #2 came up, the 2nd best rated guy out of the 3 would get the bonus. Hopefully that helps you out!
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #19
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Good thread Gloves 82.

I have also been doing something similar in my Dynasties. I started it in the last few seasons I played in '13, and have carried it over to '14.

I was wanting to spice things up and was tired of seeing my recruits be so close to one another. Felt so homogenized.

It's the same concept as the recruits in the game that are "gem" or "bust", but I've dubbed mine "Diamonds" and "duds" just to be different.

One thing I do a little different, is that instead of just a player that will receive a ratings bonus, I also simulate duds who just don't perform up to their billing after they make my roster. I do this every season, and my ratio is 2 duds for every one diamond.

Duds get 25 attribute points deducted across 5 relevant skills, while I get to assign +25 attribute points to any skill I want to the diamond, but a max of +5 points to any one skill. The result is usually a +4 or -4 to their overall. But I think I like your approach a little better in that the result should be more in the neighborhood of 8-10 overall point differential.

I do random draw also, but it's not dependent on their overall rating range. It's exciting when the diamond happens to hit on an already high rated recruit, or one that was already a CPU gem. Then I know that player will likely see the field right away as a true freshman.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »