Home

Dynasty "Star" Players...

This is a discussion on Dynasty "Star" Players... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
Rookie

They Call Me Cash's Arena

OVR: 0
Dynasty "Star" Players...

Anyone notice that the "star" player may change from game to game? I play in my Dynasty with UGA and my 2 default star players on Defense are Sr DE Garrison Smith and Jr CB Damian Swann. Garrison has had his star all year, but after about the 4th game I noticed Swann didn't have his star anymore it was on my #2 Soph CB Sheldon Dawson. That same game Dawson had the star, I moved my FRESHMAN #4 (Dime) DB Brendan Langley to #3 (Nickel) because he'd been outplaying the other guy and after the move Langley got 2 Ints. The next game Langley had the "star" under him...anyone else notice this? I don't recall this happening in years past but I thought it was cool. Especially to see a Freshman able to 'be the man'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Dynasty "Star" Players...

This has happened in the past, it just seems to change more frequently now than ever before.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Your impact players can change throughout the season based on performance.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

My backup HB had a few nice carries in a game, and next week he's impact player! I was confused as hell. I think it changes a little too much in this years game.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

Honest question (not trolling)...does it matter? Does "impact player" status really mean anything other than a little star underneath the player? I know I remember back in the Xbox/PS2 days when the impact players would have little cut scenes, where they were capable of making gamebreaking plays that no one else was. However, I don't think that being an impact player on this generation means anything more than a title. Anyone have any more info?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
Honest question (not trolling)...does it matter? Does "impact player" status really mean anything other than a little star underneath the player? I know I remember back in the Xbox/PS2 days when the impact players would have little cut scenes, where they were capable of making gamebreaking plays that no one else was. However, I don't think that being an impact player on this generation means anything more than a title. Anyone have any more info?
Only thing I can think of is how sometimes the commentators will highlight the impact player.. other then that yea its pretty useless.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Dizezed's Arena

Yeah, as said above it changes too frequently this year. In the 3rd game of my dynasty the 3rd string corner had two picks. Next game he was the impact player and he somehow stayed that way for the rest of the season.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I wish there were impact players AND assigned captains.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »