Home

Insane CPU passing performances

This is a discussion on Insane CPU passing performances within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Insane CPU passing performances

The CPU only throws to an open Target. They will never challenge coverage and don't ever make a bad read. If no one is open the CPU will sit in the pocket, throw it away or attempt to scramble and possibly get sacked. The only way to get ints and swats is to play as a LB or DB in coverage and try to guess where the CPU is going and bait them into an interception. If you pay close attention to the cpu when they are passing you will notice that the only consistently throw 3 routes all game. I will not say what routes those are but it'll be easy to figure out.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Rookie

apoulton1's Arena

OVR: 0

Be a man and play on Heisman. The CPU will reward you once in a while.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Rookie

apoulton1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejones
This may sound weird, but I'm playin on default heismen sliders and the CPU teams always have trouble completing 50% of their passes. Especially the bad teams.
Im with you man, everyone is always complaining about how they have to change sliders and different skill levels. Just play Heisman and get used to it. Game is much better that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10

Playing on Heisman in an Online Dynasty and it seems to be that the CPU is cheating to stay competitive. I noticed a few times where I had the QB going to the ground and threw a perfect pass to his target while halfway to the ground. It's frustrating to say the least. And on some of the throws my defenders seem to run in the wrong direction to allow the CPU room to make throw on about 80% of the passes. I don't mind the CPU beating me, but it's the AI glitchiness and cheating that makes it not enjoyable.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Rookie

apoulton1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtrain
Playing on Heisman in an Online Dynasty and it seems to be that the CPU is cheating to stay competitive. I noticed a few times where I had the QB going to the ground and threw a perfect pass to his target while halfway to the ground. It's frustrating to say the least. And on some of the throws my defenders seem to run in the wrong direction to allow the CPU room to make throw on about 80% of the passes. I don't mind the CPU beating me, but it's the AI glitchiness and cheating that makes it not enjoyable.
Heisman is frustrating, but id take that over winning every game by 40 on All American.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoulton1
Heisman is frustrating, but id take that over winning every game by 40 on All American.
3 post in this thread about playing on Heisman and being a man. It's not about getting the W. it's still easy on Heisman to beat the CPU and beat them by 40 at that. This thread is about the CPU being able to go on historic passing accuracy runs. How is the OP not "a man" because he doesn't want to have a stretch in his dynasty where the CPU was 50/52 over the span of 2 games? It also kills your recruiting being unable to get any deflections or ints. Not to mention that the mechanics built in for the CPU only to throw to wide open targets with a certain amount of separation can lead to crazy 13 sack games because the CPU refuses to put the ball in the air. It also leads to poor end of half/game management as the CPU will take a bad sack instead of putting the ball in the air.

The game being much better on default sliders is your opinion. If you prefer unresponsive run defense by your guys and the cpu. If you prefer no pass rush by either side. If you prefer to have QBs duals with WKU and UTSA completing 90% of their passes then yeah default is the way to go.

Last edited by dghustla; 07-22-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
This thread is about the CPU being able to go on historic passing accuracy runs. How is the OP not "a man" because he doesn't want to have a stretch in his dynasty where the CPU was 50/52 over the span of 2 games? It also kills your recruiting being unable to get any deflections or ints.
This is an excellent point. Challenge aside, if CPU is passing with unbelievable accuracy how is anyone going to gain bonus recruiting points to land DB's? More so for small school's trying to land those 4 and 5-star recruits.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »