Home

can any1 run the aces well

This is a discussion on can any1 run the aces well within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2003, 01:07 AM   #1
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
can any1 run the aces well

can any1 here run the ace formations very well because i am terrible but it looks like a fun system to use
any hints or tips would be appriciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2003, 12:20 PM   #2
pol
All Star

pol's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: can any1 run the aces well

its all about practicing and getting to know the plays.

just practice learning to watch the linebackers and safeties..

before the snap you can put one of your wr's in motion to find out if its zone or man coverage.

watch which safeties drop back.. then you will know if its cover 1, 2, 3, 4..

finally watch which linebackers are dropping into coverage.. if you are running like slants and shallow routes across the middle you will be able to tell when your wr will get open by which backer is in man coverage or blitzing.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:33 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I thought his question was directed at running out of the ace formation, which is very tough to do. You just have to hope that the defense called a bad play to defend the play you selected to run very well out of the ace. Usually, if the other team has good safeties, they will be able to attack the line and drag you down before you can do too much with the ball. However, I love passing out of the ace sets.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:12 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Mizzou23 said:
I thought his question was directed at running out of the ace formation, which is very tough to do. You just have to hope that the defense called a bad play to defend the play you selected to run very well out of the ace. Usually, if the other team has good safeties, they will be able to attack the line and drag you down before you can do too much with the ball. However, I love passing out of the ace sets.

Ya, if you're able to recruit good tight ends, you can tear someone up with Ace passing plays. There's a lot a Tight End drags and outs to utilize a fast TE.
Old 12-29-2003, 04:13 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The Ace counter works pretty well as does the option out of the Ace formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2003, 05:31 PM   #6
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

The one back offense is all that I ever use in NCAA 2004. I use the passing game to setup the run. I enjoy spreading out the defense and looking for the underneath matchup. You really do need to practice the offense to determine what works for you. The practice mode is very helpful especially when you select the defense to use random formations and play.

The best one back offense playbooks are Army, Toledo, Washington State, Western Michigan, Wyoming, Alabama, Marshall, Duke, and Temple. If you'd like to run a one back offense that's primarily based out of the shotgun then use Bowling Green, Utah, Southern Miss, Hawaii, Cincinnati, La Tech, Northwestern, and Pass Heavy. The playbooks that I listed have 8 of the 9 formations being a one back/no back formation whether it's in the shotgun or under center.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »