Home

What Happened to the Crowd?

This is a discussion on What Happened to the Crowd? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #17
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What Happened to the Crowd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
Go to audio settings. Turn crowd all the way up and everything else down to 50% or less. Problem solved.
I disagree. That doesn't work. It just masks the fact that the crowd noise is very low this year. In years past, the NCAA crowd was so loud during key moments I had to turn down my surround sound system. Now, even when the crowd is maxed and everything else is low I still need the volume cranked up to get it back to average.

Long story short: The crowd noise is lackluster.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 AM   #18
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Call me Nutty guys, but find like 3 MP3's to burn to your console with cheers of crowds that's truly a quick fix. You can find them anywhere on the net. Burn them to your console, and add them to custom stadium sounds for (all teams) or specific teams in your conference that you think the crowd should be going nuts. Obviously a place like Ohio State stadium or the Swamp in Florida things should be deafening right? Add some cheers and screams for 3rd and 4th down conversions and (touchdown obviously) You'll be amazed how much a difference another layed of screaming crowd can go. Now only if the audio would stop cutting out on the custom stadium sounds (360) then it would be perfect.

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 07-23-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: extend
Old 07-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I disagree. That doesn't work. It just masks the fact that the crowd noise is very low this year. In years past, the NCAA crowd was so loud during key moments I had to turn down my surround sound system. Now, even when the crowd is maxed and everything else is low I still need the volume cranked up to get it back to average.

Long story short: The crowd noise is lackluster.
No only is the crowd quieter this year, they don't react at all. After a touchdown, they don't appear to get any louder at all. I remember at least back on even 2008, I could get my players to pump up the crowd and they would certainly get louder, now they really don't react to anything on the field. It's truly a disappointing atmosphere...
Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 23

Am I the only person that misses the Camera Shaking when I'm on the road and 100,000 people are rooting against me? I LOVED that feature of the old games... The scrambled play art just doesn't have the same effect as that camera shake did... I could really "feel" like I was in a hostile environment back then... Now, not so much...

Also... I don't like that every team does the "7 Nation Army" chant in this game... I'm pretty sure not every school does this, and when they do it, its usually for the kickoff or at a key part in the game (3rd down) or late in the game... I've heard the opposing team fans do it on the first play of the game many times in 14'

psn - CeeGee
Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #21
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Am I the only person that misses the Camera Shaking when I'm on the road and 100,000 people are rooting against me? I LOVED that feature of the old games... The scrambled play art just doesn't have the same effect as that camera shake did... I could really "feel" like I was in a hostile environment back then... Now, not so much...

Also... I don't like that every team does the "7 Nation Army" chant in this game... I'm pretty sure not every school does this, and when they do it, its usually for the kickoff or at a key part in the game (3rd down) or late in the game... I've heard the opposing team fans do it on the first play of the game many times in 14'
yeah. it's the good things of past games we like and they remove it with crap for the next year. Doesn't make sense. Playing at home in many venues is exactly liek that too, to the point where you can't hear a dang thing, that should have never been omitted...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »