Home

Pro vs One Back Playbooks

This is a discussion on Pro vs One Back Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pro vs One Back Playbooks

Do you prefer one over the other? I have always used Multiple or Pro but I'm starting to wonder if One Back is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Pro vs One Back Playbooks

I would really appreciate anyone's input on this one. I'm thinking of restarting my dynasty and hearing what you have to say would be very helpful. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I prefer the one back. When I used to play with Alabama often, I would change every offense, no matter the team, to the one back. It's really simple to use and if you're new to the game (I don't know if you are) you'll like it a lot.

However being a Michigan fan and also using Michigan I can say that I like multiple the best of all
Old 07-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
Rookie

Eagle34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailejt
I prefer the one back. When I used to play with Alabama often, I would change every offense, no matter the team, to the one back. It's really simple to use and if you're new to the game (I don't know if you are) you'll like it a lot.

However being a Michigan fan and also using Michigan I can say that I like multiple the best of all
Being an Auburn fan, I'm familiar with Al Borges too. He was one reason why we went undefeated in '04. OT: If you're a running team, use One Back. If you pass more use pro. Pro is probably also better for a balanced team since it has multiple Ace, I, and Shotgun formations.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailejt

I'm a huge Michigan fan but their playbook is too much for my western Michigan team. I will try the one back. Do you recommend Alabama or the one back playbook? Go Blue!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

I prefer the one back PBs. The defense still has to respect the run out of these formations since you can line up many tight ends and still have a down field passing game. Single back offenses create match-up problems in the defense. Linebackers will often have to cover receivers in passing routes while defensive safeties are used more to come up and stop the run on the line of scrimmage.
Teams that run a single-back offense typically rely on quick receivers that run great routes, balanced tight ends (blocking/receiving), intelligent, shifty running backs, fast and intelligent offensive linemen, and a quarterback that can read defenses and make safe throws under pressure.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Is there a one back playbook that you prefer?
Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
Is there a one back playbook that you prefer?
There are only like 4 One back playbooks. Try out all of them until you find the one you prefer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »