Home

Is it better to wait for the scraps?

This is a discussion on Is it better to wait for the scraps? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #9
Rookie

cardinal511's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is it better to wait for the scraps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahooworld15
What week do you guys usually begin to look for the scraps?
You can do it as early as week 2 or week 3. If they haven't offered a scholarship the computer probably isn't targeting them by that time. And it doesn't have to be bad players, you can look for 4 star recruits that simply slip through the cracks. After seeing some of my pre-season targets turn into busts I removed them and did this to target 1 or 2 four star need position players that aren't being recruited by the big schools in year 2 with Georgia State. Like someone earlier said, though, the computer might come after them hard later in the year, so be vigilant about that progress.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #10
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Playing with a 2 star school (not a big fan of any 1 star schools) my general strategy is in the first week to pick up all needed positions that are 1st or 2nd interests in my school. I will then pick up a couple top positions (4 and 5 stars) that I really want and have a possible chance with and dump all my unused points on them. I also offer them all contracts better to do so now and get it out of the way.

Once I get to about week 4 or 5 I can start telling which players I'm gaining ground on and which ones you won't, at this point drop the ones that are too much of an uphill battle (side note: at this point you should be close to pulling in a few lower rated recruits) this will free up the points to begin looking for the higher rated players you have a real chance at.

Go into the recruit boards and start looking by lock percentage the lower the number the better chance you have. Pick them up and start filling their points up. Each week adjust according to who you have a chance with and who you don't. Rinse and repeat.

Note: I never have more than 12 active players (non-commitments) that I'm vying for on my board. Makes it easier to distribute my points evenly since the cpu only allocates the max points to a few players.

The max I've gotten this way two 4 stars and one 5 star. Least I've gotten was one 4 star.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is it better to wait for the scraps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
Playing with a 2 star school (not a big fan of any 1 star schools) my general strategy is in the first week to pick up all needed positions that are 1st or 2nd interests in my school. I will then pick up a couple top positions (4 and 5 stars) that I really want and have a possible chance with and dump all my unused points on them. I also offer them all contracts better to do so now and get it out of the way.

Once I get to about week 4 or 5 I can start telling which players I'm gaining ground on and which ones you won't, at this point drop the ones that are too much of an uphill battle (side note: at this point you should be close to pulling in a few lower rated recruits) this will free up the points to begin looking for the higher rated players you have a real chance at.

Go into the recruit boards and start looking by lock percentage the lower the number the better chance you have. Pick them up and start filling their points up. Each week adjust according to who you have a chance with and who you don't. Rinse and repeat.

Note: I never have more than 12 active players (non-commitments) that I'm vying for on my board. Makes it easier to distribute my points evenly since the cpu only allocates the max points to a few players.

The max I've gotten this way two 4 stars and one 5 star. Least I've gotten was one 4 star.
I'm thinking of restarting my dynasty and trying your technique. I was trying to keep my board down to 10, which is harder than what I thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
My technique this yr has been pretty successful and is basically the same as what's been posted. In the preseason I filled out my board with 10-12. I went with positions of need and any 2-3star skill positions that were either speedsters or trucking machines, raw athletic types. I then recruited for about 3 weeks. By then you can see who is gonna be worthwhile to continue after. Trim the fat, then go look for the highly rated guys who slipped through the cracks. 4-5stars who are still very low locks. Target pipeline guys if u can, it gives you that much better of a chance. Then as you sign guys replace them with any needed positions still not filled or specialty guys, like 6'7" TEs or a speed KR guy, maybe a fast FB, or whatever you prefer.
Hope that helps

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »