Home

Sick to my stomach (defense)

This is a discussion on Sick to my stomach (defense) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #1
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Sick to my stomach (defense)

I just played a game that seriously made me feel sick. Friend of mine who doesn't know much about play calling. I'm UCLA, he's Cal. NCAA 13 I beat him by 50 or more every time I played him. This year, since pass defense is useless, he runs an air raid and beat me by going for 2 with no time left. My team had 12 deflections 7 of which should have been picked but all dropped. His guys were breaking every tackle with me using conservative strip and big hits and kept having the same animation of a one handed catch. I scored every drive but one but it didn't matter. Two of those twelve deflections were with him on my 5 with 20 seconds left!

How do you defend a 5 wide when you're guessing pass, have the right play call yet he still has multiple guys open every play? I'm at a loss for words considering I'm shutting down the computer on heisman and have beaten every user I've played without giving up more than 24. Truly the worst/least fun game I've ever played in. I've never had a defeat this bad. It makes it worse that the game seemed to want him to win from the beginning.

Sorry for the rant... Anyone else had a loss as bad as mine?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Sick to my stomach (defense)

Defense is so hit and miss in this game, it's crazy! One game my D will play lights out and the next game they will be worse then a JV football squad. I just played a guy online who ran 5 wide all game against me and I couldnt do anything. He had a fast QB, so even when I did manage to lock his receivers down, he'd just take off running. We went back and forth until the 4th quarter until I threw an INT, the first turnover of the game and he held on for the victory. The worst part of the game....he was 9-10 on fourth down conversions. SMH
Old 07-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #3
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Very High Guy
Defense is so hit and miss in this game, it's crazy! One game my D will play lights out and the next game they will be worse then a JV football squad. I just played a guy online who ran 5 wide all game against me and I couldnt do anything. He had a fast QB, so even when I did manage to lock his receivers down, he'd just take off running. We went back and forth until the 4th quarter until I threw an INT, the first turnover of the game and he held on for the victory. The worst part of the game....he was 9-10 on fourth down conversions. SMH
This sounds almost eaxtly like my game except he had a slow QB but still picked up some 1st downs. It just drives me nuts since I played such good defense last year.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #4
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

If I'm reading your post correctly you only lost because he went for a 2pt conversion. Which means you only lost by 1 or 2 points, how is that a bad loss? That seems like it was a very good Offensive game for both teams and a bad day for defense. Aside from any glitches that might or might not have happened it just seems to me he got lucky and you didn't. If you are use to winning you should be fine, everyone takes a loss now and then. Also since you didn't mention any glitches I'm going to assume none happened, that being said your friend had a good game and some luck on his side. If you scored on all but one drive, then you did pretty well yourself, unless I'm reading this wrong. Also in the 5 wide I'd suggest a Nickle-D, playing your DBs back/deep, that's how I defend that, unless it's short yardage, then I play them tight.

But all I see is you raging because you hot beat by 1 or 2 point in a game that was mostly offense. I've lost to teams like USF and such in Dynasty because their defense shutdown my custom spread-option playbook. Loses happen and honestly always winning gets boring after a while, a loss can make me want to try harder to win. Maybe your friend got lucky maybe he just got better, ether way, seems like a good game to me. Aside from that, if I'm playing a friend or my brother, I enjoy the game no matter who wins, no matter how competitive I am.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Old 07-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Just played a guy online who was OU and we couldn't stop each other was turnovers(ints) I only threw one but he threw 3 I think

He could stop me every once of a while because Florida's Wr's are so bad they wont catch anything unless you put catching to conservative. But I had 3 kick returns for touchdowns provided by Debose.

Finally he threw another int then quit. It was just the mid of the 3rd quarter and it was already about to be in the 40's in terms of scoring
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

i think online if you were forced to punt on 4th downs it would make it to be a way better game
Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #7
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen145
i think online if you were forced to punt on 4th downs it would make it to be a way better game
Me and my friend always make a rule about 4th downs. Unless you're on their side of the field then you then you must punt on 4th down. Meaning you must cross the 50 yard line before you can go for it on 4th

Unless its a have no choice late in the game deal just like in real life
Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Me and my friend always make a rule about 4th downs. Unless you're on their side of the field then you then you must punt on 4th down. Meaning you must cross the 50 yard line before you can go for it on 4th

Unless its a have no choice late in the game deal just like in real life
You shouldn't have to make house rules though. In real life, you can go for it on 4th down if you want to...whenever. in real life teams don't go for it on 4th down because the pressure that comes with going for it on 4th down and the loss of 40 or 50 if you don't get it.

if you have to implement a rule where you can't go for it on 4th down, you're doing so because 4th downs are too easy to convert and that's a problem with the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »