Home

Why So Many Close Games Playing Online...?

This is a discussion on Why So Many Close Games Playing Online...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Why So Many Close Games Playing Online...?

First off I just want to say I like playing online and I hate when people say if you hate it then why play online or just don't play online then problem solved. Well with that said I'm going to get straight to the point.

For people playing online are you having the same experience as me with close games. My record online is 6-4 so I played a total of 10 games so far and 9 of those games came down to the wire either by a comeback, or just a close game from start to finish. At first I was I really enjoyed those games now I am a point where I expect it to go down to the wire each game I am in. It is nerve wracking. Here and there is cool but not so frequent...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Why So Many Close Games Playing Online...?

LOL so you figured that every person your gonna play is gonna be a cake-walk huh?? A reasonable assumption I must say!

But none-the-less, playing online is totally different then playing the CPU. I feel like people get so used to beating the piss out of the CPU that, they feel its gonna be a walk in the park when they play other people....

Well like in real life, and in gaming, this is not the case lol. But I feel your pain tho.. So get used to it & happy going down to the wire every game..
Old 07-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah... but mostly because me and the people I play have no idea what to do on defense. Tried everything there is as far as coverage and adjustments go, but it doesn't matter. 56-49 games. No need for a punter on the team anymore.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
LOL so you figured that every person your gonna play is gonna be a cake-walk huh?? A reasonable assumption I must say!
No I don't expect every game to be a cake walk. That is your assumption. I expect close games here and there but not 9 out 10 games I play where it's decided by 6-7 points or less and down to the wire. I expect to lose by 10+, win by 10+ here & there but not down to the wire games all the time. Besides 1 game which I blew my opponent out all my games have been down to the wire.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
No I don't expect every game to be a cake walk. That is your assumption. I expect close games here and there but not 9 out 10 games I play where it's decided by 6-7 points or less and down to the wire. I expect to lose by 10+, win by 10+ here & there but not down to the wire games all the time. Besides 1 game which I blew my opponent out all my games have been down to the wire.
He still is right. The people online are actually good or extreme cheesers and will exploit all of your weaknesses.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny514
He still is right. The people online are actually good or extreme cheesers and will exploit all of your weaknesses.

I know that. I've been playing online for years I think everyone on OS knows that. But that's not the case even if I played cheesers they are still not winning by 10+. It's all been down to the wire except one game...
Old 07-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I know that. I've been playing online for years I think everyone on OS knows that. But that's not the case even if I played cheesers they are still not winning by 10+. It's all been down to the wire except one game...
I don't see how that has anything to do with the game itself... You may happen to be a solid player playing other solid opponents.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
But that's not the case even if I played cheesers they are still not winning by 10+.
That aint no real Cheeser then lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »