Home

Predetermined action for DE?

This is a discussion on Predetermined action for DE? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #9
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Predetermined action for DE?

IN RTG I don't have this problem I have actually crashed and tackled the QB or HB whichever has the ball.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:52 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea try playing against Teddy Bridgewater and Braxton Miller in back to back games. The worst part is having enough control over the DE to blow up the QB in the backfield when he keeps it...only the QB kinda just slides to one side of the tackle and starts running. I may just hold the Def Assist button next time and see if that'll let me bring down the QB when I get it right. The defensive player does slow down when holding D-assist, which would give the QB time to finish his keeper animation and run right into my defenders wide open arms.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

i agree that this is frustrating I will be at the QB sometimes and I hit tackle and he does nothing then he gives the ball to RB and hes gone. I would have been able to make the sack but I was in zombie mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm glad that EA implemented the option the way they did. If you want to change your approach or gameplan to the option you can set your settings at the play call screen. reading about the DE "crashing or exploding" the mesh point seems like something that would only serve to become an exploit.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzydd
While people have praised the implementation of the option in this game (and in some ways, rightfully so), it's clear that a big part of their success is turning the defense into robotic pawns who are locked in to animations regardless of what is happening. At the very least, it's mindboggling EA didn't give us three choices pre-snap (or set a default depending on the opponent): DE attack QB if it's a read option, attack RB, or run a LB scrape.
They did give you these options. You can always choose for your DE to attack the QB or the RB and you can always blitz a LB off the edge.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
I'm glad that EA implemented the option the way they did. If you want to change your approach or gameplan to the option you can set your settings at the play call screen. reading about the DE "crashing or exploding" the mesh point seems like something that would only serve to become an exploit.
It's not exploiting anything. It's football. The backside DE either crashes down and takes the RB or contains the backside to play the QB. That's how defending the option works. The problem is EA seems to have taken that ability to decide away from us. Yes, we can change the settings but that was not my original point. My original point was that even if I am controlling the DE, I am forced one way by the game. I should be able to take off and run straight up field at the snap past the play if I want to. But I can't. Blitzing would be more of an option but since the CPU seems to run about 15 screen plays a game (which are money for them if you don't get a user controlled defender into the area) it's just asking for trouble if you do it too often.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzydd
While people have praised the implementation of the option in this game (and in some ways, rightfully so), it's clear that a big part of their success is turning the defense into robotic pawns who are locked in to animations regardless of what is happening. At the very least, it's mindboggling EA didn't give us three choices pre-snap (or set a default depending on the opponent): DE attack QB if it's a read option, attack RB, or run a LB scrape.
Adjustments tab in play selection? then control a LB/S? thats what i do... seems to work out okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblu54
I always control the d-line when playing D (either DE or DT) and noticed that while playing the demo. I wanted to crash hard to stop the dive but the DE was caught in the sit-and-read animation and I couldn't go further until after the QB gave up the ball. I'm glad they improved the option but if I'm controlling the option read defender I shouldn't be locked into an animation I don't want.

I played college ball and when we played option teams our DE's were taught to take the FB dive almost 95% of the time unless a stunt is called. That's how I want to attack the option on the game but apparently EA has other ideas.
I think the user should have a timing window to choose which way he wants to attack the backfield. But I think it should be tied to an animation (at least with infinity engine) because changing directions as quickly as we are used to in previous versions (and M13 as well) is not very realistic. I imagine ignite engine would solve this problem, but whether or not they allow you to have complete control of the DE will likely stay
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »