Home

Challenging Dynasty Rules

This is a discussion on Challenging Dynasty Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Talking Challenging Dynasty Rules

For many hardcore players, dynasty mode can become stale becasue the CPU becomes less of a challenge. This year, a couple of buddies and I decided to spice up our online dynasty by implementing some rules to the playbooks we are allowed to use. It makes the CPU games more challenging, the User games more fun (especially if you play each other every season like we do), and the entire dynasty more enjoyable year to year. The rules we set up are as follows:

1.) Each year of the dynasty, we decided to run a different offense and different defense (all offenses are made in custom playbooks).

2.) We decided to go through four year cycles, and assign what type of playbook to use each year at random.

3.) After a drawing, the results were as follows:

Year 1: Offense = Ace formations only, Defense = 4-3 playbook
Year 2: Offense = Pistol formations only, Defense = 3-3-5 playbook
year 3: Offense = I-Form formations (including strong/weak), Defense = 3-4 playbook
Year 4: Offense = Flexbone/Wingbone/Wishbone only, Defense = 4-2-5 playbook

Years 5-8, re-draw and repeat.

So far, it has been a blast. Every year is a differnt kind of challenge and can suit a different user's playing style. It also throws a wrench into recruiting, because you have to plan ahead a couple of years in order to be sure that you have a team that can run evry style of playbook.

If anybody else has any other ideas or comments, please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Challenging Dynasty Rules

I use the "coach suggestion" for offense and choose from one of the three plays unless they're all Four Verticals or something crazy like that. It creates a nice challenge on offense instead of allowing me to pick money plays.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Challenging Dynasty Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I use the "coach suggestion" for offense and choose from one of the three plays unless they're all Four Verticals or something crazy like that. It creates a nice challenge on offense instead of allowing me to pick money plays.
I have also done this in years past. I think it works well in offline dynasties, but is hard in an online dynasty with multiple users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »