Home

players getting drafted

This is a discussion on players getting drafted within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: players getting drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf2013
did you count on the players leaving screen or did you count the draft results. if you counted players leaving did you count the early departures.
I took it from the draft results, which is probably different from the players leaving but maybe some of the players leaving early were convinced to stay by coaches? I don't know if the AI coaches do that or how effective they are at promises.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBostonBro
I took it from the draft results, which is probably different from the players leaving but maybe some of the players leaving early were convinced to stay by coaches? I don't know if the AI coaches do that or how effective they are at promises.
nope because a large number of pro draft guys weren't drafted and a large number of early leaving guys were. as far as i can tell ive checked my bases.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm thinking how could you be concerned about where a player is drafted when you don't have Madden yet? I mean how would this game know where a player is going to be drafted? So worrying about someone not being drafted when you haven't had a draft yet is crazy. I had a guy that was a 93 overall and the game said he didn't get drafted until the 6th round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1
It matters for Pro Deaft Potential in recruiting pitches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf2013
that is exactly what im saying guys like deanthony thomas dont get drafted. sorry my post is hard to read i was hurrying through the post. basically im saying that i dont think that the guys that dont say pro draft next to their name they wont go to the draft. and if i have a 99 overall, which has happened, and he doesnt get drafted thats a problem. and the 100 guys is just saying that there are plenty of guys to not get drafted and have others replace them.

as far as radically different im sure this isnt an isolated event ive done it about 4 tmes having 300,330,333, and 335 guys come out. sorry the first post was hard to read but thats all i needed you dont have to be a**holes about it.

I think the responses were right in-line with how incoherent your first post was.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybigdrum

I think the responses were right in-line with how incoherent your first post was.
and have absolutely nothing to do with the post. ive already discussed this privately with the person, if you have nothing important to add then leave.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I'm thinking how could you be concerned about where a player is drafted when you don't have Madden yet? I mean how would this game know where a player is going to be drafted? So worrying about someone not being drafted when you haven't had a draft yet is crazy. I had a guy that was a 93 overall and the game said he didn't get drafted until the 6th round.
my point is that the game says their not getting drafted which scares me it doesnt even say their going into the draft, and if manziel doesnt go into madden there are some serious problems which should be addressed before i download them into madden.

if you are unclear as to why i think they wont be in then pm me and ill explain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #16
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
I think the OP was trying to discuss the following problem:

Right now, there are hard cut-offs for who does or doesn't get drafted in the "players leaving" section, according to height and weight for the position. In some cases, it makes sense. There aren't a whole lot of 5'8 quarterbacks in the NFL.

But in other cases, you may have a 99 OVR quarterback, he's a senior, he's won the Heisman, he's won the BCS championship, the whole deal. He's even 6'3", which is totally NFL-worthy height for a QB.

But he's only 199 pounds. If he was 200 pounds, he'd be the first overall pick...but because he is ONE POUND SHY, he doesn't get drafted at all.

I saw a thread a while back with all of the height and weight cut offs for each position... wondering if anybody has checked it recently? I can't find it lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »