Home

Coach mode impressions

This is a discussion on Coach mode impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Coach mode impressions

Just wandering what any other coach moders think so far?I'm pretty damn pleased so far playing coach mode on AA default I'm sure tweaks will be needed,just wanted to hear what others thought.
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Coach mode impressions

I'm relieved to learn that Coach Mode is still available. Is it the same as in NCAA13 - Broadcast Cam, menu choices, etc.?

Also, have you noticed any difference in game play - particularly the following:

1. Will the User team Fair Catch a Punt?

2. Any Offside or False Start Penalties against the User Team?

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I'm relieved to learn that Coach Mode is still available. Is it the same as in NCAA13 - Broadcast Cam, menu choices, etc.?

Also, have you noticed any difference in game play - particularly the following:

1. Will the User team Fair Catch a Punt?

2. Any Offside or False Start Penalties against the User Team?

Thanks.
1.User team will fair catch
2.I haven't seen a false start or offside so far against the user.I have seen false start against the cpu.

I think the gameplay is better espcially running the ball particularly option and spread stuff.I believe the infinity engine helps.Also had a Ko return Td I saw cpu actually coffin corner a punt,though i have only seen that once.By the way this is all playing true coach mode not auto-throw.Still broadcast cam only for true coach mode which for the record i like.
Warriors
Sharks
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
1.User team will fair catch
2.I haven't seen a false start or offside so far against the user.I have seen false start against the cpu.

I think the gameplay is better espcially running the ball particularly option and spread stuff.I believe the infinity engine helps.Also had a Ko return Td I saw cpu actually coffin corner a punt,though i have only seen that once.By the way this is all playing true coach mode not auto-throw.Still broadcast cam only for true coach mode which for the record i like.
Thanks for your quick reply. I play only "true" Coach Mode as well. User-team Fair Catch is a change from NCAA13 - never happened in NCAA13.

User False Start/Off Sides never happened in NCAA13 either. I'm now anxiously awaiting confirmation that we can use Xan's Editor to edit and save NCAA14 360 Rosters.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

So happy to finally hear from other Coach Mode guys here. Great to hear that the fair catch issue was fixed. I do remember seeing a couple user false start/offside calls in '13 though. Also liked that you mentioned the running game has improved.

A couple more thoughts, if I may:
-Do punters still kick straight into the endzone and never try to coffin corner?
-I noticed the user QB heavily favors the slot receiver and very rarely throws to the #1 guy, has anyone else had this issue and if so do you see any different this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I noticed the user QB heavily favors the slot receiver and very rarely throws to the #1 guy, has anyone else had this issue and if so do you see any different this year?

I play coach mode myself and always thought the QB threw to the slot to much. So I would always move my receivers around in different formations to get them the ball. Same with my HB, different formation, different backs, that way I could get them some time also.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Pro

[quote=speedy43;2045212015]So happy to finally hear from other Coach
-Do punters still kick straight into the endzone and never try to coffin corner?
[quote]

Playing NCAA13, I was able to make significant improvements in both CPU and User punting by using the Editor to adjust certain Punter ratings and then reducing Punter Sliders to 20-25% Power and Accuracy. Not perfect, just much more to my liking and, yes, some coffin-corner and some kicks dead inside the 10 yard line.

Just one of the many reasons I am so concerned about confirmation that Xan's Editors are usable in NCAA14 for mass Roster edits.

Last edited by Art01; 07-07-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
Pro

One thing that isn't in coach mode that i know will definately bother some is that you can't switch players on D or Offense.Therefore you can't put anybody in motion manually or switch guys too hot route on D.Personally doesn't bother me.Also Art i have seen a coffin punt on play now,but not so far in dynasty.Also a exploit that was in last year is there again only worse....If you punt with Tight punt formation the recieving team has nobody back!For me though thats an easy fix don't call Tight punt.Seems small but for field position it can be big.Also i haven't tested at all using the gameplanning,if any of you have i'd be interested on any thoughts on there effect this year.I'll be testing them out soon though.Sorry to be so long winded.
Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »