Home

Am I the only one throwing a huge number of picks?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one throwing a huge number of picks? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #33
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: TOO MANY CPU INT'S!!!

I think you have never heard of sliders lol. Just lower the ints
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #34
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: TOO MANY CPU INT'S!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
I think you have never heard of sliders lol. Just lower the ints
Using Charter04's Ratings-Based Heisman Sliders On AA for defense (he said they can be used on Heisman, AA, or varsity.) I even lowered the INT's from his preferred 45 to 40.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #35
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
The problem with lowering the INT slider too low is that DB coverage suffers and then the cpu never gets any turnovers. Which defeats the purpose of playing on Heisman in the first place.

Hopefully I can figure out a slider set that maintains the integrity of the Heisman difficulty while removing the unrealistic tendencies. (Though I know it's probably only a dream).

I really hope one day a football developer finally realizes a harder difficulty shouldn't mean dumbing down the players team and making the cpu superhuman. It should mean making the cpu play more 'football smart'.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 10:18 AM   #36
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Am I the only one throwing a huge number of picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
The problem with lowering the INT slider too low is that DB coverage suffers and then the cpu never gets any turnovers. Which defeats the purpose of playing on Heisman in the first place.

Hopefully I can figure out a slider set that maintains the integrity of the Heisman difficulty while removing the unrealistic tendencies. (Though I know it's probably only a dream).

I really hope one day a football developer finally realizes a harder difficulty shouldn't mean dumbing down the players team and making the cpu superhuman. It should mean making the cpu play more 'football smart'.
By football smart do u mean jumping routes and picking off passes? Turnovers are the only chance cpu team has to stop a human player
Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype561
There are many problems that go with throwing picks:

1. The cpu defenders are a lot more aggressive at attacking the ball, your wr's don't fight for the ball like their real life counterparts.

2. There are way too many interceptions in one on one deep ball throws, in real life the wr catches the ball 25% of the time, 60% of the time the defender knocks the ball down, and 15% chance of a interception. On this game 75% of the time the ball is picked b/c the ball is under thrown and or the wr doesn't adjust the make the catch, he does the same lame animation as if he is the only one on the field.

3. The cpu defenders react to the button press, so they start moving toward the wr before the ball has left the qb hands. They also to can back peddle as fast as wr's can run, at times display no momentum or gravity, and accelerate to full speed instantaneously (especially on Heisman).
I absolutely hate this aspect of the game
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #38
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm learning not to throw as many picks, but they wouldn't bother me if my team played man half as well as the CPU did. I can complete 5 slants with 2 incompletions and 3 picks out of 10, they will go 10 for 10 because my DBs or LBs wont even try to put a hand up if I don't do it for them.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #39
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

The interceptions are a big problem for me playing Road to Glory because you can't switch to the WR and adjust to the ball, but the DB reacts on every ball that is thrown and more often than not as soon as the button is pushed. Also, every time I have one on one coverage and try to throw a deep pass it almost always come ups short with the DB blocking off the WR even though my QB has a 99 on both Power and Accuracy.

The only thing I can think to do is drop the INT slider.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

I'm actually throwing the ball very well with few mistakes. But I've switched from a vertical offense to more of a WCO with option plays sprinkled in. So I run more than pass which probably is why I am enjoying do much success.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »