Home

OC and DC leaving for new jobs.

This is a discussion on OC and DC leaving for new jobs. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #25
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: OC and DC leaving for new jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeKD
I think as a coach, you should be able to pursuade tem to stay. I hate seeing OC's and DC's leave a a National Championship winner or contender for an unranked team.
Why?

Whether you like it or not, coordinators on those successful teams are often hot commodities for coaching jobs, and they often have to start at a small school to build up their reputation.

Alabama's OC took a HC job at Colorado State last year. It happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #26
Rookie

Burke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap032
I posted in another thread but Ill post here as well. After year 1 at Bama, I lost my DC to a HC job at PSU and my OC became the new HC at SCAR. What sucked is that I got stuck with a nobody lvl 4 DC. Lol EA needs to either fix this so that you can do your own hiring or they need to program the cpu to better match coordinator lvls to school prestige. How realistic is it that Alabama would hire one of the worst DC in college football That pretty much killed any realism from a coaching standpoint for me.

Fifa 15
Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #27
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
That sounds glitchy. I also got a new DC, he was level 13, but I was given the opportunity to re-assign his skill points no problem.

I would like some user input regarding the coming and going of coordinators. As head coach you should have control of who's coming in, but coordinators should be able to leave if they wish. Maybe a way to persuade them to stay, but at what cost? There's no system for that right now.
After winning the national title with GT, both coordinators took head jobs elsewhere in BCS conference. The two replacements were between level 15 and 9 but I was only able to assign points for one of them. The other I had to take as-is. Anyone know the reasoning behind that?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #28
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

OVR: 0

I think we can all agree that EA kinda dropped the ball with unrealistic coaching moves. (Even though I don't think it will happen, i'm praying for a patch that lets YOU choose your coordinatiors/have a say in persuading them to stay or in at least picking their replacements when they do leave.)

If not a patch, then it looks like ESPN '15 or whatever its going to be called will add that "new feature" in so that we all have to shell out 60 bucks to have a say in our dynasties.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Check out my dynasty:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...g-dynasty.html
Old 07-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #29
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I wasn't given the chance to re-assign skill points on my new DC. He was only level 5 (I use slowest progression) but still, would have been nice.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #30
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
I wish there was a option to turn this off.
Agreed. 100%
Old 07-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
Exactly no way that Bama would hire and get stuck with a DC from a 1 star or 2 star team.

Not to mention when I went into the off season in other offline dynasty's, They were better coaching options available to hire but the CPU would randomly choose a OC/DC that wasn't even the best available.
I had kind of the opposite. Kirby Smart left Bama in the second off-season for the Wash St job. Now he is 0-7 and on the hot seat after 1 season. I am kinda hoping I can get him as my DC when he gets fired. But the best assistants shouldn't be leaving for sub-par jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #32
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGamer
I had kind of the opposite. Kirby Smart left Bama in the second off-season for the Wash St job. Now he is 0-7 and on the hot seat after 1 season. I am kinda hoping I can get him as my DC when he gets fired. But the best assistants shouldn't be leaving for sub-par jobs.
Alabama's former OC Jim McElwain left to be the HC at Colorado State last year. Now as much as I love bashing on Wazzu, I can say without hesitation it's a better job than CSU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »