Home

Predetermined action for DE?

This is a discussion on Predetermined action for DE? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Predetermined action for DE?

After having issues defending the option, I decided to try controlling the DE to see if I could make my own decision on whether to crash and take the RB or contain and take the QB. But what I've been seeing makes it feel like there is a predetermined action for the DE regardless of whether or not I controlling him. If he crashes, I can't get him to stop. If he's containing the backside, I can't make him crash. And there's been a few instances where I should have blown the play up in the backfield, but instead of tackling the QB he just dives at him without any tackle animation being triggered. I know I am hitting the QB because I can feel the contact in the controller, but there's no attempt made to tackle. Anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Predetermined action for DE?

Yes. My defensive end wont engage in the tackle. Its beyond frustrating.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

Lzydd's Arena

OVR: 2

While people have praised the implementation of the option in this game (and in some ways, rightfully so), it's clear that a big part of their success is turning the defense into robotic pawns who are locked in to animations regardless of what is happening. At the very least, it's mindboggling EA didn't give us three choices pre-snap (or set a default depending on the opponent): DE attack QB if it's a read option, attack RB, or run a LB scrape.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1
Change your gameplan for option to aggressive and just control the linebacker whose assignment is the HB. Option Stopped.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

I always control the d-line when playing D (either DE or DT) and noticed that while playing the demo. I wanted to crash hard to stop the dive but the DE was caught in the sit-and-read animation and I couldn't go further until after the QB gave up the ball. I'm glad they improved the option but if I'm controlling the option read defender I shouldn't be locked into an animation I don't want.

I played college ball and when we played option teams our DE's were taught to take the FB dive almost 95% of the time unless a stunt is called. That's how I want to attack the option on the game but apparently EA has other ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

While I appreciate the upgrades to the option game, they should never override user control. If I want to kamikaze my DE at the mesh point let me do that, don't lock my player in an unbreakable animation to make your "improvement" run smoothly
Old 07-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

My defensive end wont engage in the tackle.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I often find you cant get good control over your players in NCAA14, which is frustrating, especially on defense. On Last-gen you were always in complete control.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »