Home

Too many transfers?

This is a discussion on Too many transfers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Too many transfers?

After my first year I had 5 guys requesting transfers. They all left as they had "very low" chance of persuasion. A couple of these guys were supposed to make a rather large impact the following year and were only going to be RS freshmen. Are others seeing a lot of transfers by guys who you were planning to be big contributors down the road? Should I not redshirt my good freshmen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Too many transfers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstotss
After my first year I had 5 guys requesting transfers. They all left as they had "very low" chance of persuasion. A couple of these guys were supposed to make a rather large impact the following year and were only going to be RS freshmen. Are others seeing a lot of transfers by guys who you were planning to be big contributors down the road? Should I not redshirt my good freshmen?
I think a lot of teams do not redshirt their absolute best FR if they can make some impact their freshmen year. I know most teams want to redshirt MOST of their freshmen though...so that does seem like a lot of requests.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

DarkOutFront's Arena

OVR: 11

I am in 2017 and have never had a transfer request, or gotten a player in a transfer.
San Antonio Spurs
D.C United
West Ham United

Twitter - @DarkOutFront
Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't gotten either to or from. 3 years in
Old 07-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe it depends on the team you are playing with. I have done some simulations with Purdue and a lot of times the guys that transfer are freshmen that I redshirted. They needed the shirt and wouldn't have played otherwise but were likely to see a fair amount of time as redshirt freshmen. I do get that these do happen but I too had 5 my first year. It didn't happen nearly as frequently in years after that, though. Maybe if you are a top program it doesn't happen as much? Not really sure if there is a rhyme or reason for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Pro

jackster802's Arena

OVR: 0

I have noticed that if you play as a Big name school, you will get very few transfers. If you play as smaller schools, UTSA and App State in my case, you will see them every year.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

Attrition level has always been to low in NCAA. Injury and transfer averages per season has always been around 7 per program, according to Rivals.com. This doesn't include dismissals through cuts, ie, grade or team rules.

Last edited by BOSKY!; 07-21-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
I have noticed that if you play as a Big name school, you will get very few transfers. If you play as smaller schools, UTSA and App State in my case, you will see them every year.
This is true. Basically because they are playing behind a stud and cant take it anymore. Also, the Military schools get plenty transfer every year.

However, transfer come based of "Playing Time", so make sure thats all balanced out for each player, otherwise they'll be tryna leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSKY!
Attrition level has always been to low in NCAA. Injury and transfer averages per season has always been around 7 per program, according to Rivals.com. This doesn't include dismissals through cuts, ie, grade or team rules.
And i totally agree with this also. This is one thing I want to see in the future. Player/School/Coach interaction where these things become more realistic and work as a unit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »