Home

Defensive response broken

This is a discussion on Defensive response broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Defensive response broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkaz96
Not sure if its me but I am having a really hard time getting user defensive players to react I time to make a play on the ball. In all my past football games I have lined up as MLB or a safety and have become really good at breaking up / intercepting passes. I can't seem to get a good break on the ball. Passes are completed with me right there holding either Y or LB to break them up yet my player doesn't respond to the command at all and the ball floats right past my guy. Is anyone else having this problem? I really don't want to play DE all game.
I don't have the game but read this and thought I'd ask if you have "switch assist" disabled or not? Again, I haven't tried it in game but from the way it was described, it might cause there to be a delay in User controlling a defender, potentially throwing off your timing.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Baseball King

bobtrain's Arena

OVR: 10

Defensive response is defiantly flawed. Played an online dynasty game last night (playing on default Heisman). Thinking about uploading some unlisted vids to show how terrible this is. Anyway, I'm ASU. CPU is USC. My safety is playing deep zone. Safety is back-peddling with one WR while looking in backfield. Meanwhile QB throws ball to outside WR. Safety continues to watch in backfield while back-peddling with WR and even though he's clearly looking at the ball the entire way and he does not move toward the open WR who is only 7 yards to the outside of him. I couldn't believe how duped the AI defenders are in this year's game.

In the same game while I'm on defense, my other Safety broke a block and as he approached the ballcarrier he turns around and then engages in a block animation. Going to upload these vid unlisted and start sending to community guys. There clearly is an issue.

MLB: Milwaukee Brewers
NFL: Green Bay Packers
CFB: Minnesota Gophers
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't have the game but read this and thought I'd ask if you have "switch assist" disabled or not? Again, I haven't tried it in game but from the way it was described, it might cause there to be a delay in User controlling a defender, potentially throwing off your timing.
It's a real issue. I was in perfect position last night and hit y and my LB did nothing. Ball went directly over him and caught for a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

TURN OFF AUTO STRAFE

I was having the same issue. I always felt a lack of responsiveness. I turned off the auto strafe and my user tackles are up.

TURN OFF AUTO STRAFE
Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradkaz96
Not sure if its me but I am having a really hard time getting user defensive players to react I time to make a play on the ball. In all my past football games I have lined up as MLB or a safety and have become really good at breaking up / intercepting passes. I can't seem to get a good break on the ball. Passes are completed with me right there holding either Y or LB to break them up yet my player doesn't respond to the command at all and the ball floats right past my guy. Is anyone else having this problem? I really don't want to play DE all game.
Holding Y has no effect unless your player is in position to make a play on the ball. And unlike past editions, the players don't super-morph to the ball. So you really have to be in great position to make a play. So I think it works the way it is supposed to, it is just harder to do this year. Don't start playing DE. You are better off with a safety or LB.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Madden only feature sir
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
TURN OFF AUTO STRAFE

I was having the same issue. I always felt a lack of responsiveness. I turned off the auto strafe and my user tackles are up.

TURN OFF AUTO STRAFE
I turn every "helpers" option off, very annoying auto -anything is, i wish they'd explain what the "coach assistance " on/off does

Oh, and yes, its still a noticeable issue
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
I turn every "helpers" option off, very annoying auto -anything is, i wish they'd explain what the "coach assistance " on/off does

Oh, and yes, its still a noticeable issue
Yea auto strafe definitely isn't the problem lol. I go for the swat all the time and my corners/safeties just don't react. Very frustrating. Offense already has so many other advantages that they don't need this one too.... c'mon EA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »