Home

Garbage again!

This is a discussion on Garbage again! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

oathofsilence's Arena

OVR: 1
Garbage again!

Of course my thread topic indicates cynicism against this years edition of NCAA Football, but more than that it's a summation of the entirety of EA's take on marketing football games with less emphasis on quality, and more on the promoting of "a new coat of paint", year after year.

What does a fan of the game wish from these game developers? The ultimate goal of creating a video game based on a real life sport is quite obviously realism. Electronic Arts once again puts a new face on the same lackluster quality game.

The issues surrounding the series are very black and white. Announcers that get annoying and ultra-repetitive after 2 games, penalties not getting called - The amount of late hits that don't get called this year, is INSANE! Why you ask? Because there is no late hit penalty! WTF? - imminent lag on every play, before and after (the transitions from play to play call are annoying... I feel like my game is going to freeze or has frozen at least half of the time I play) and that's just to name a few.

Quality issues are a big deal to me, because I'm used to paying $60 for games like Skyrim, or Grand Theft Auto right when they come out... The replayability on those titles is great, and the quality of the gameplay is very solid. Let's just say this, I'm not ranting about those studios...

I think it's an issue which leads to a bigger discussion of quality over quantity. Bethesda may use the same engine from Fallout, but they take more time and effort to produce it. EA has a strict deadline for their releases, which makes drowning in problems, almost a given.

I wish 2k would be able to jump back into the NFL license, so there's actually a fight for the better title. Because the Basketball counterpart of the two companies, really shows how much effort and attention to detail can be utilized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Garbage again!

EA did a lot to make this version way better then the others, you're wrong. The majority of the people not only like this game.. they love it, including me. You are in the minority my friend, prepare to be owned by all the bright minds of the forum who will go all 5 paragraph essay on you.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

You mad? If the game and dev are so bad then admit you've been duped and get over it.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Aside from the lame looking sidelines and crowd, I think the game plays as good as it ever has. The new engine feels good. If they iron out the audio cutting out for the custom stadium sounds, I will be pretty happy. Let me remind you 2K attempted college football with Gamebreaker when they both had a license to do so and Gamebreaker failed.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Aside from the lame looking sidelines and crowd, I think the game plays as good as it ever has. The new engine feels good. If they iron out the audio cutting out for the custom stadium sounds, I will be pretty happy. Let me remind you 2K attempted college football with Gamebreaker when they both had a license to do so and Gamebreaker failed.
Gamebreaker was 989 sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

And 2k made NCAA Football 2k3.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oathofsilence
Quality issues are a big deal to me, because I'm used to paying $60 for games like Skyrim, or Grand Theft Auto right when they come out... The replayability on those titles is great, and the quality of the gameplay is very solid. Let's just say this, I'm not ranting about those studios...
You rant about quality and then mention and praise Skyrim? The same Skyrim that crashed every hour for the first 4-5 months on PS3?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »