Home

Caught on the kick return

This is a discussion on Caught on the kick return within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Caught on the kick return

I havent seen another thread on it. But, I have played a a season and a half with Ohio State...and I started a season with Toledo. Not to mention, played a couple games with other teams in exhibitiion...and the outcome on kick returns is always the same:

I will break a hole and get to about the 50 yard line...and then somewhere between the 50-30 of the other team, someone catches me. I even boosted Acceleration and speed up, I have changed the speed slider for fast-slow players, everything. I just can't seem to break the returns, that in real life...would be. There seems to be no pull-away speed.

Now yes, I have broke probably...2-3 TD's, but...I could have seriously had about more.

Anyone else see this...or know how to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Caught on the kick return

it's terrible, just another thing EA screwed up. there's no breakaway speed, defenders apparently have turbo and don't get tired
Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm sure that lowering the speed threshold will solve this 'problem'
Old 07-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

If you play on Heisman, this is what is going to happen. If the CPU has somebody with 90 speed and you have somebody with 90 sepeed, the CPU player on Heisman will be faster. It is what makes the hardest settings more difficult.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

what I notice is that you release the Turbo/Sprint once you have hit your full stride it keeps your player from "burning" out and slowing down.

I've been caught by better angles this year and by thinking that I needed to keep "sprinting" even once I was out in the open. however you can release the sprint when you are at full speed and you will not lose a step, otherwise your player is pushing himself in "sprint" mode for no reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
it's terrible, just another thing EA screwed up. there's no breakaway speed, defenders apparently have turbo and don't get tired
Yep, acceleration button is only for user controlled players. Cpu players still have sprint buttons. Ea did iit again where they took something that worked fine and then broke it. I signed an athete with 98 speed and like 94 acc and he's the only player I've seen pull away on KO returns
Old 07-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Try back jukes, they are killer this year
Old 07-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

On zero threshold and normal speed I was able to break away very easily with returns from 99-107 yards. The key is to make one good cut early on and then accelerate through the gap or get around the edge. Most of my success has been cutting to the outside (I even break it back to the inside on occasion).

kick-off returns for TD's are possible, but shouldn't be a gimme. I imagine maybe 1-10 in a year is reasonable to achieve depending on your opponent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »