Home

NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame
 
NoleFan's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,234
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I don't know how I feel about Coaching skills, etc. It honestly feels like an RPG to me. Like I should throw in ice the kicker potion or something.

Not a fan :/
Being a coach mode player, I'm all for the coaching skills. It now makes being a coach actually mean something and have an impact on your players. Before it was simply calling plays and snapping the ball. And I'm a believer in a coach being able to pull something out of a player that they wouldn't be able to do on their own. Coaching skill boosts reflect that in my mind.

Viva La Coaching Skills
NoleFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
Eagles Fan
 
BleedGreen710's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 3,994
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

I agree that its nice to have the coach make his players better.. but there needs to be more variables to it. Player potential rating, or something along those lines. The whole 'Oh you had a bunch of successful seasons? Now your players are faster and stronger!' is just way too unrealistic for my liking.
BleedGreen710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
MVP
 
thelasthurtknee's Arena
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Lafayette, La
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

if you set it on very slow progression for coaches i like it alot. any higher and it inflates you to fast. example. i can be at sabans level in 5 or 6 seasons on normal. im figuring at my current pace ill be about season 25-30. now im starting out as a new young coordinator so this should be about right. most coaches never get as good as saban so i find this pretty fair. it serves no purpose but the selfish ones if you have it any faster.
thelasthurtknee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame
 
NoleFan's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,234
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

I started my dynasty with mine at normal. Didn't really know what it was for. I'm 6 games into season 2 and I'm just getting to level 9. I reckon at .5 upgrades per game I'll be a level 54 coach in 9 seasons. Don't know if that's realistic or not but I don't control my players so I have an inherent added level of difficulty included.
NoleFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
Eagles Fan
 
BleedGreen710's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 3,994
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm 6 games into season 2 and I'm just getting to level 9. I reckon at .5 upgrades per game I'll be a level 54 coach in 9 seasons. Don't know if that's realistic or not but I don't control my players so I have an inherent added level of difficulty included.
There's more experience required as you level up your coach so... no.. that won't happen. The upgrades per game ratio would go down and down the more you level up. I am in year 5 and a lvl 30 coach I think, and I will get maybe 2-3 this season.
BleedGreen710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #14
Be Good To One Another
 
The JareBear's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 11,574
Blog Entries: 17
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
if you set it on very slow progression for coaches i like it alot. any higher and it inflates you to fast. example. i can be at sabans level in 5 or 6 seasons on normal. im figuring at my current pace ill be about season 25-30. now im starting out as a new young coordinator so this should be about right. most coaches never get as good as saban so i find this pretty fair. it serves no purpose but the selfish ones if you have it any faster.
Agreed.

I rec' very slow for offline, slow for online (a good online dynasty probably only goes 10-12 seasons).
__________________
"Successful people do not celebrate in the adversity or misfortune of others."

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
The JareBear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame
 
NoleFan's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,234
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
There's more experience required as you level up your coach so... no.. that won't happen. The upgrades per game ratio would go down and down the more you level up. I am in year 5 and a lvl 30 coach I think, and I will get maybe 2-3 this season.
Oh yeah, you're correct!!
NoleFan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Rookie
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2013
Re: NCAA 14 is like iOS...There's a 'Coach Skill' for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Seeing the HFA thread got me to thinking and, in my opinion, NCAA 14 has a coach skill that covers just about anything that might be ailing you when it comes to this game. Maybe, just maybe, it was designed more for dynasty play and you need to get your coaches up to snuff in order to eliminate issues you see with poor play. I'm only 2 seasons into my dynasty but I'm willing to be that's how this thing is supposed to play out.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I agree with you on this one. It may not solve all the issue people complain about but i think coach skills mean alot more than anyone realizes.
DFogarty3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.

Top -