Home

CPU running No Huddle offense too fast

This is a discussion on CPU running No Huddle offense too fast within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: CPU running No Huddle offense too fast

they will run to the line ands snap the ball within 2 seconds lol.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklyn85
Here is a temporary solution...go into coach profiles and edit every coach that runs no huddle and set the tempo to aggressive...that way when the cpu gets to the line they will all look to the sidelines after every no huddle play and give you that extra second our two...
Good idea, however, won't the CPU suffer from the extra fatigue?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

I was going to make a new topic for a question I had, but this one seems to fit the bill.

When I run hurry-up myself, more often than not my QB will turn and look at the sidelines, or go through a 3-5 second animation calling the play to his linemen, which all but negates the advantage of the hurry-up. Will setting my own coach's tempo eliminate the delay, or is it something that can't be changed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #12
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Its beyond frustrating. My strategy has become to run nickle-man coverage on every snap. Its boring and cheap, but it works. I'm pining for the days when I could run my whole defensive playbook.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
I was going to make a new topic for a question I had, but this one seems to fit the bill.

When I run hurry-up myself, more often than not my QB will turn and look at the sidelines, or go through a 3-5 second animation calling the play to his linemen, which all but negates the advantage of the hurry-up. Will setting my own coach's tempo eliminate the delay, or is it something that can't be changed?
How does this negate the advantage? Isn't this how it's supposed to be done, in most cases?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
How does this negate the advantage? Isn't this how it's supposed to be done, in most cases?
The 3-5 second animation that you cannot bypass gives the defense time to set up, get onsides, call an audible, etc. This is a courtesy the CPU doesn't extend when calling their own hurry-ups. I probably should have stated that I'm not talking about online play.

The question still stands: will changing a coach's tempo affect pre-snap animation lengths during hurry-up scenarios?
Old 07-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1842msu
Lots of teams are running the no huddle offense in this game (NCAA 14). Which is fine, as long as they run no huddle in real life. But I have come to realize that the CPU AI, while running the no huddle is doing it just way too fast. In real life, WR's don't sprint back to the line for an entire drive, while psychically knowing the next play. Same for O-linemen. They would have heart attacks.

Plus, the way EA has it, I rarely have time to select a defensive play. I suggest that when EA eventually releases a patch for other issues, they slow down the no huddle just a tad. 2 more seconds between no huddle plays would be sufficient, IMO.

If you watch it as is, it's like the QB has psychic connections with the WR's and as soon as the last one gets back to the line, the next play is run. In real life, the QB needs to signal the play out to the WRs. They don't just psychically know which one comes next.
Man you couldn'tīt explain it better. I hate to see the no huddle offense because how bad it is implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #16
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
I hope they fix this "again". Last year people claimed it was too fast so they merged it and made it almost unplayable. Now they let the CPU play too fast and delay the user play calling. SMH. I just hope they don't bonk it again. Don't get why so much of what they've do goes from one extreme to the other. Why can't they test this stuff and find a balance before release?

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »