Home

What do difficulty levels actually effect?

This is a discussion on What do difficulty levels actually effect? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What do difficulty levels actually effect?

Do difficulty levels effect player attributes or game AI (basically, sliders)?

For example, on Heisman are all CPU players magically faster than their base level? I have a Heisman Dynasty right now and I'm 8-0.. Playing as a good team though (ok state). I've put DPI at 1 and QB accuracy at 10-the pass coverage really, really tightened up. I'm getting a seemingly realistic game. However, is the CPU cheating?

I've noticed my 93 speed punt returner often gets outrun... Is it because Heisman lowers his speed to 90 and raises all the CPU 90s to 93s?

If so, that would make me want to switch to All American and just nerf the sliders in the CPUs favor. Any thoughts? Does someone know the answer to this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What do difficulty levels actually effect?

Afaik, in NCAA the difficulty affects stat buffs and nerfs to each side to create a harder or easier game. AI is not affected.

So stat buffs to answer your question directly.

AA and Heisman both apply stat buffs to the cpu - varsity is the only level with no buffs at all.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What do difficulty levels actually effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Afaik, in NCAA the difficulty affects stat buffs and nerfs to each side to create a harder or easier game. AI is not affected.

So stat buffs to answer your question directly.

AA and Heisman both apply stat buffs to the cpu - varsity is the only level with no buffs at all.
Just to be clear, by stat buffs you mean raising and lowering player ratings, speed for example, in order to make a more challenging game?

Just curious, how do you know this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »